Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-11-2016, 03:00 AM   #181
hrezaei
hrezaei began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifgena View Post
How did you manage to do this? I've been trying to find a program that will extract from the bin file for hours. I've tried 7zip/universal extractor/magic iso

Please help or share the file?

"Thank you guys for your posts.
I managed to get the screen reader running on oasis.
I googled and found the kindle tool, used windows cmd and extracted amazon's voice file, and there was a file there called "data.stgz" I managed to extract that using 7zip and I found the voice folder there!
So i just dropped the folder into kindle's root directory and when i plug my adapter now, It works!"

I'm sorry, I can't share the file, do to whatever rule that doesn't allow me to share kindle's own voicefile that's already posted on amazon's website.

Here's what you need to do: download kindletool from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187880
check the attachments, and download according to your OS.
Let's assume your OS is windows. then download kindletool-v1.6.4-mingw.zip
after download, unzip kindletool.exe, and put it in C:\users\YourUserName
then, open CMD (start menu, type cmd, press enter)
Then if you type kindletool by itself and press enter, It will show you how to use the program.
I'm not home right now, but I think the command was like, "kindletool extract yourvoicefile.bin"
after you extracted it, go to windows explorer (c:\users\YourUserName) and there's a new folder created, and inside of that there is a data file there. extract it with 7zip and you get the voice folder.
copy the voice folder into your oasis root directory and restart system.
you're good to go. plug in your sound card and it'll work.

Last edited by hrezaei; 11-11-2016 at 03:02 AM.
hrezaei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:27 PM   #182
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrezaei View Post
I'm sorry, I can't share the file, do to whatever rule that doesn't allow me to share kindle's own voicefile that's already posted on amazon's website.
Just FYI, the rule that doesn't allow you to share is copyright infringement. Only because something is free to download does not mean it is free to share. The copyright holder (in this case Amazon) may legally offer their copyrighted material (in this case the voice files) as free download. You can download it and use it, but you cannot share or distribute it without Amazon's permission. If you share it anyway then you are infringing on copyright. MobileRead doesn't allow their members to do anything illegal. Besides MR would get in trouble for it themselves as it is responsible for the content on the site.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2016, 03:48 AM   #183
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifgena View Post
Of course I tried that option first but it didn't work with my kindle whichis why I went down the route of trying to find the specific voice file. In the end I had to get amazon to deliever another oasis. I then copied the file over and it works fine. It seems quite silly to have had to get a brand new oasis in order to copy across a file that could have just been emailed to me or shared with me. Anyway at least I've got it up and running but I wish there was a way I could save someone else all the bother I had to go to. I'm guessing its due to copyright laws that they need to provide it as a .bin file that needs to be installed by the kindle program itself.
I used that download on a Voyage and it worked perfectly.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:22 AM   #184
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Just FYI, the rule that doesn't allow you to share is copyright infringement. Only because something is free to download does not mean it is free to share. The copyright holder (in this case Amazon) may legally offer their copyrighted material (in this case the voice files) as free download. You can download it and use it, but you cannot share or distribute it without Amazon's permission. If you share it anyway then you are infringing on copyright. MobileRead doesn't allow their members to do anything illegal. Besides MR would get in trouble for it themselves as it is responsible for the content on the site.
And it is probably a gray area (or ways around it). For example, PMing requests for firmware is allowed (see the Kobo forums), although attachments in posts is not.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #185
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I used that download on a Voyage and it worked perfectly.
voice view works on the Voyage?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #186
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
voice view works on the Voyage?
Voyage, Oasis and PW3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #187
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Voyage, Oasis and PW3.
Voyage doesn't have Bluetooth right? You have to use the dongle thing?
Old 11-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #188
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Voyage doesn't have Bluetooth right? You have to use the dongle thing?
Right, the 'basic' Kindle (2016) has a Bluetooth implementation of VoiceView, but not the other models.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #189
Barty
doofus

So I have the adapter and Voiceview is working on my voyage. But I just want to have it read the book. I don't need or want the screen reading function. 2 finger swipe down is supposed to make it start reading continuously, but it just does some weird things like highlight a word or read one word.

Amazon seems really determined not to give us TTS