Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
Dereks
Connoisseur
Dereks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Hi guys

the conversations seems to have gone a bit away from the topic. Is there any progress in decoding t2 firmware. integrating reader with evernote would have been awesome, especially since original note exporting tool from sony is so awful.
Dereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony PRS-T1
t2 firmware is decoded...
sony reader apks of the T2 are already available. Someone should try to install them on the T1.
When I'll have some time I will try them
m3l7d0wN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #18
Dereks
Connoisseur
Dereks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
oh, cool. if it works it would be great to have a step-by-step guide on how to do it. If I understand the concept correctly, the t1 will need to be disguised as t2 device, but I don't know how to do it.
Dereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

nope, it is needed just to install normally the T2 reader apks in the T1, but I don't know if it will work
Old 10-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

ok, just tried.. the T2 apks won't install so simply ("application not installed")..
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #21
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

tried to copy some apk to the system app/ folder in recovery mode, resulting in home application crashing..
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #22
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I guess it is because missing odex files...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
I guess it is because missing odex files...
Which again raises an old question:

Do data apps have precedence over system apps? May both exist with the same name or must the system app be deleted?
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #24
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

actually I replaced the system apks, but I maintained the original odex files (I didn't even know the existence of odex files :P ). This evening I'l try to replace the odex files too.
I don't think sony's apks can be installed as data apps... so I think I will need to enlarge the system partition (T2 apks are 50mb vs. 24mb of the T1)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
From the T2 dump, there's a couple of files on partition 8 that also look reader related:

Code:
Partition8 (Ext2)/lib/libreadercore-jg.so
Partition8 (Ext2)/lib/libreadercore.so
Partition8 (Ext2)/lib/libreaderservice.so
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you might need some or all of these (and maybe some other libraries??) too.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #26
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
I don't think sony's apks can be installed as data apps...
Morkl's EbookHome seems to do so.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #27
m3l7d0wN
Zealot

ok, the missing library was framework/EbookSettingIf
Now the T1 keeps rebooting while booting in the "arrows spinning" screen...
I almost copied the whole T2 partition to the T1.. same result
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #28
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
There is a tool that can integrate / desintegrate odex files into / from apk files: apktool

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1167623
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
Schauberger
Biotechnologist
Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st Gen Kindle; Sony PRS-T1
Any success so far?

I'd be pretty interested if anyone could get this to work.
Schauberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I'd also be interested in the ability to post a quote from a book to Evernote and/or Facebook.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote