Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Kindle Tools apt repository

I have set up an apt repository to download and install the latest kindle debricking and hacking tools onto a debian based system.

Add this repository to your system (debian based (eg ubuntu, linux mint) linux i386 or x86_64 with multiarch-support only):
Code:
gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
###At the end of this file, add the following line:
deb http://repo.sudoforlunch.org/debian mobileread main
###And then run:
wget -O - http://repo.sudoforlunch.org/debian/conf/mobileread.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
List of packages (install with "sudo apt-get install <package-name>" available till date:

Spoiler:
mobileread-imx-usb-loader

Last edited by aditya3098; 12-24-2012 at 01:34 AM.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I set up a hosting system and I am ready to start adding packages to my kindle debricking and hacking apt repository (repo.sudoforlunch.org, dns will update in ~24h).

It will support i368 and amd64.
I will start uploading soon. I would need some help in packaging.

For now, I am using reprepro on my local machine and ftp'ing it to the host.
I'll see what I can do about making these into rpms for those of us who use fedora and centOS
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I'll see what I can do about making these into rpms for those of us who use fedora and centOS
How to Convert DEB to RPM (RPM to DEB) Package Using Alien Command:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/11/...mand-examples/
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have zero idea on how yum repos work. Any help? Arch? Opensuse? Gentoo?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
aditya3098
Guru

Rant

Well, I got the apt repo (containing only imx_usb_loader) to work on my local server. It works without any problem. But when I try to put the SAME files on the repo:
Code:
Ign http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread Release                                                                                          
E: GPG error: http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

Huh? I didn't do any gpg stuff?

Edit: Does the following repo work for anyone else?

Code:
deb http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread main
The package is mobileread-imx-usb-loader
Attached Files
File Type: gz apt-repo.tar.gz (810.0 KB, 311 views)

Last edited by aditya3098; 12-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Which of course is your problem.

*.deb packages are signed, you need to set-up a gpg key pair, distribute the public key, and sign the package manifest with the private key.

There should be repo set-up directions on all of that in the Debian wiki / help pages.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #7
aditya3098
Guru

Signed!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Well, I got the apt repo (containing only imx_usb_loader) to work on my local server. It works without any problem. But when I try to put the SAME files on the repo:
Code:
Ign http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread Release                                                                                          
E: GPG error: http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2

Edit: Does the following repo work for anyone else?

Code:
deb http://repo.sudoforlunch.org mobileread main
The package is mobileread-imx-usb-loader

what am I doing? wheres the "click to be amazed" button ?

no but serioulsy... like is debian required? or are you providing apt...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
aditya3098
Guru

Debian, or debian based systems. Ubuntu, Linux mint, zorrin os, knoppix etc...
(I edited the top post)
Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right! top man. superstar

EDIT: Okay this gets me:
Quote:
W: Failed to fetch http://repo.sudoforlunch.org/debian/...ain/i18n/Index No Hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/repo.sudoforlunch.org_debian_dists_mobileread_main _i18n_Index

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
: )

Last edited by twobob; 12-24-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Seems pretty self explanatory.

Not only does the release file containing the hashes have to be signed -
It has to contain the hashes. Duh...

(Sorry, fifth day off of the nice guy pills.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
twobob

hehe. step at a time and all that
Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #13
aditya3098
Guru

Huh? I didn't get that error.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #14
twobob

Quote:
Fetched 88.6 kB in 13s (6,709 B/s)
W: Failed to fetch http://repo.sudoforlunch.org/debian/...ain/i18n/Index No Hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/repo.sudoforlunch.org_debian_dists_mobileread_main _i18n_Index

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
That's what I get...

Did you try it on more than one machine?
Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #15
aditya3098
Guru

Yes I did. 4 Ubuntu quantal VMs, all fresh, and 2 real computers.

Tags
k5 tools, kindle tools