Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
TerryV6
TerryV6 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Changing to another account user on your Nookcolor using cm7

Changing to another account user on your Nookcolor using cm7:

I have a nookcolor with cm7 on a card. My sister really liked this and so I made her a copy of my card. Its great and all of the apps that I downloaded were there and everything. We changed her email and set up the wifi for her house. No problems.. However, the android market is registered to me and all of the paid apps get charged to me. I am not worried, she is not going to go crazy on me, but we thought we'd change it anyway. At first, all I could find on this was to do a factory reset, in which case everything would be lost. Then I fould this post:

================================================== =
You can erase and register a new or another Gmail account, but you have to do a Factory Reset. But if you do this step, you can erase almost anything on your phone, like contacts, photos, messages etc.

Instead, I have a simple tutorial how to remove your GMail account on Android Market without doing Factory reset.

OK, follow this step :
1. Download Root Explorer from Android Market
2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
4. Reboot your Android device.
5. Walla…you can register another account
==========================================

Any opinions on this procedure? I am thinking of giving it a try. We could move the accounts.db off the device and reinstall it if this doesn't work. What do you think?

Terry
TerryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
It's pretty standard.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
TerryV6
TerryV6 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Okay then we'll give it a try. Thanks.

Terry
TerryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote