Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
dgrunbaum
dgrunbaum began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
deleting books

how do i delete a book that i have added to my Nook Simple Touch after I am finished with it.
dgrunbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I believe you have to hook the Nook up to the computer with the USB cord, to remove books. (That's how I do it, but mine is rooted).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The nook doesn't have an option like every other ereader out there to remove books via the ereader GUI???
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The nook doesn't have an option like every other ereader out there to remove books via the ereader GUI???
I recall reading numerous complaints about it, so I believe that is correct.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I recall reading numerous complaints about it, so I believe that is correct.
B&N, you have once again astounded me with your sheer brilliance at shooting yourself in the foot, and the customer in the face!

Go B&N! Designers of the world's greatest, most intuitive and logical device software design!

Old 07-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I just tested it.

Since I am rooted, I can go into my File Explorer and delete that way. But not through the BN interface.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Yes, I just tested it.

Since I am rooted, I can go into my File Explorer and delete that way. But not through the BN interface.
On the newer Nooks, can you choose to archive or delete and if you choose the wrong one it kills it permanently from your account? I may be thinking of a different vendor, my memory isn't so sterling these days.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Go B&N! Designers of the world's greatest, most intuitive and logical device software design!
Hey at least you can put in your own screensavers without jailbreaking or jumping through a bunch of hoops.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Hey at least you can put in your own screensavers without jailbreaking or jumping through a bunch of hoops.
You're right. Leave it to B&N to focus on the important things.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
B&N's interface on the nook (eINK) is awful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You're right. Leave it to B&N to focus on the important things.

I find it a greater shame that Sony left the market. Their ereaders are better than the Nooks. At least comparing the 2 samples I have on hand. The Sony T2 is a really nice piece of hardware, even though I have to embed my font. That reminds me, I wanted to try the Nook reader with an embedded font.

And....no. Didn't work on the Nook.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
I believe you have to hook the Nook up to the computer with the USB cord, to remove books. (That's how I do it, but mine is rooted).
Hi dgrunbaum,

Welcome to the Forum. My Nook Simple Touch is NOT rooted so I can confirm that the answer from booklover6 is also correct for non-rooted Nook ST's.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Hi dgrunbaum,

Welcome to the Forum. My Nook Simple Touch is NOT rooted so I can confirm that the answer from booklover6 is also correct for non-rooted Nook ST's.
It should be mentioned that this applies to side-loaded books. Books bought from B&N can be Archived (or Unarchived) at any time. If you want to permanently delete a B&N book from your account, you have to go online and do that. (But I think that's the same with the Kindle.)

I still like and use my Nook Simple Touches.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

I still like and use my Nook Simple Touches.
I don't really use mine. I got it just to play around with it and test it's capabilities as an android eink tablet.