Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #811
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
And err.. exactly which file?

Are you saying that they ALL greyed out?

Please describe which files you used (by name), The first 4 digits of your serial number, and confirm your device is Jailbroken... Many thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #812
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Perhaps there ia a way to toggle wifi from a shell script on a K3. In that case we could create a KUAL button for you. Let's see if anyone can add the actual shell command, if any, to this thread...
The MENU button works in other .azw kindlets. I guess KUAL is trapping keypresses and not sending the MENU keycode on down to the framework or whatever should handle it.

A command to toggle wifi is interesting too, but it wouldn't be available to all menus/submenus.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #813
jacksonb
jacksonb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
And err.. exactly which file?

Are you saying that they ALL greyed out?

Please describe which files you used (by name), The first 4 digits of your serial number, and confirm your device is Jailbroken... Many thanks
Jailbroke my PW yesterday, then tried to install KUAL. I can get KUAL itself on, but when it comes to updating the prerequistes, if I transfer either of them on to the kindle, and then disconnect from PC, the update kindle button is grey. Then when I plug back in to the PC, the file has gone.

I've followed the instructions to the letter - only one prereq at a time - but still no dice.

Confused.

Serial no. = B01F
Bought in Japan.
jacksonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #814
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right... Maybe the JAPAN release of the devices is not included. As I believe the BRAZILIAN installers are not currently bundled in there.

Let me go figure out how to check/fix that.

EDIT: Okay I'll go check out the new kindletool... Might be time to repackage I guess..

Last edited by twobob; 05-16-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #815
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonb View Post
Jailbroke my PW yesterday,
You only need to install the kindlet jailbreak (devcerts is included in the jailbreak)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #816
twobob

prerequisites-all-supported-devices

NOW supports Brazil and Japan as well as all the other countries.

Kindle 2 US
Kindle 2 International
Kindle DX US
Kindle DX International
Kindle DX Graphite
Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
Kindle 3 Wifi+3G Europe
Kindle 4 (No Touch) Silver (2011)
Kindle 4 (No Touch) Black (2012)
Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi
Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi+3G
Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi+3G Europe
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Canada
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Europe
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Japan
Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Brazil

Last edited by twobob; 05-16-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #817
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Is it correct that KUAL on version 5.3.5 is not supported?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #818
twobob

KUAL is version agnostic. Supports all versions

*goes back to sleep*
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #819
jacksonb
jacksonb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks! Incredibly fast response and good news! (kinda) Got KUAL working! Well... almost... I've put a couple of programs in the extensions folder (eboard, skipstone & a game for skipstone to test) and so far, nothing is showing up in the launcher menu. I've been patient and nosed around but can't find any mention of this happening before. Restarted several times, reinstalled prereqs but still no joy. I'm probably being incredibly dumb so be kind.
jacksonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #820
twobob

By "nothing" please expand on that.

Do me a favour and printout / screenie EXACTLY the output of
ls /mnt/us/extensions

or ls /Media/Kindle/extensions

or whatever that location is called on your device when it is mounted on your PC or via via ssh

(however you are doing this)

I forget how to do that on windows but you get the idea...

Need a little bit more detail to be able to help.

Also final thought... just give https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=778 a look over and check that THAT is not the case here...

Much obliged.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #821
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
It's dir x:\extensions (where x is the drive letter assigned to the Kindle by windows).
IIRR you can even do dir >extentions.txt x:\extensions which will output a lovely little text file for you.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #822
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
KUAL is version agnostic. Supports all versions

*goes back to sleep*
Thanks, but the reason why I ask it that the installation did not work for me. Here's what I did:

I. I have a jailbroken Kindle PW 5.3.5, successful jailbreak (log confirms)
II. I installed Duokan - work perfetley!
III. I tried to install the prerequisites on the Kindle OS (first the update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install)one at a time via the Kindle OS but the "Update" button is greyed out.

Can anyone help? Am I missing anything?

Last edited by readandread; 05-17-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #823
twobob

Right... I just updated the prerequisites yesterday to cover Japan and Brazil revision kindles.

What are the 1st four letters of your serial number? Where did you buy it? Did you try to use the updated prerequisites bundle...

And finally update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin right? (just asking)

Just ran this on a 5.3.5 not 30 mins ago.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #824
readandread
Zealot

I just tried the updated file, but didn't work either. My serial number starts with B024 and bought it on Amazon Germany. Yes, the update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin file is the one I used. I also tried restarting into Kindle OS, still the same...

I know the problem lies with me somewhere, but I don't where : (
Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #825
readandread
Zealot

I think I have just found the problem. I uninstalled Duokan and voila! The button is not grey out. I will now install and see if I run into any problems...Keep you posted...

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified