Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
menarq
menarq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Can't see my Kindle Fire HD on calibre

Can't see my Kindle Fire HD on Calibre
Here is the message I Get under Debug Device Detention

calibre 0.9.13 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Uniprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid24d2&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid24d4&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid24de&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid24d7&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid24dd&rev0002',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_0053&rev_0300',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f7&rev_0101',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f7&rev_0101&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_00f7&rev_0101&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_0c76&pid_1600&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_0c76&pid_1600&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_0c76&pid_1600&rev_0100&mi_03',
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0008&rev_0216']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 85, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:

Disabled plugins: MTP_DEVICE

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None

And This one I get under Ignored Device

calibre, version 0.9.13
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:arguments did not match any overloaded call:
QListWidgetItem(QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 2 has unexpected type 'QListWidget'
QListWidgetItem(QString, QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
QListWidgetItem(QIcon, QString, QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
QListWidgetItem(QListWidgetItem): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\main.py", line 283, in show_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\ignored_devices. py", line 66, in initialize
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
QListWidgetItem(QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 2 has unexpected type 'QListWidget'
QListWidgetItem(QString, QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
QListWidgetItem(QIcon, QString, QListWidget parent=None, int type=QListWidgetItem.Type): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
QListWidgetItem(QListWidgetItem): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneTy

Please Help
menarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
It looks like you're running Windows XP? Kindle Fire HD is seen as a media device, not a removable drive, and Calibre cannot detect it when running Windows XP. You may be able to get the work-around (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=190982), but for myself I just run Calibre off my Windows 7 computer for Kindle Fire HD and stick to Windows XP for my regular Kindle 4's Calibre library (keeping both automatically in sync with each other).
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Unhappy Help, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
It looks like you're running Windows XP? Kindle Fire HD is seen as a media device, not a removable drive, and Calibre cannot detect it when running Windows XP. You may be able to get the work-around (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=190982), but for myself I just run Calibre off my Windows 7 computer for Kindle Fire HD and stick to Windows XP for my regular Kindle 4's Calibre library (keeping both automatically in sync with each other).
I am running Win 7 x64 and still cannot get my Fire HD 8.9 to appear as a drive and, of course, Calibre does not recognize it. I have searched here on MR and Googled for solutions but I still cannot transfer my Calibre books. It is only recognized as a media device, not as a drive. The only solutions I have found concern XP, not Win7.

Has anyone been successful in using their Fire HD w/Calibre on Win7?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
My 8.9 HD shows in Calibre and my son's 7" HD does not. Not sure what the problem is, if it gets figured out that would be great. LMK if you need any of my logs or info.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
My 8.9 HD shows in Calibre and my son's 7" HD does not. Not sure what the problem is, if it gets figured out that would be great. LMK if you need any of my logs or info.
I just wish I could figure out why it will not appear as a drive in Win7 x64. What O/S are you running?
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Mic_
Mic_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I am running Win 7 x64 and still cannot get my Fire HD 8.9 to appear as a drive and, of course, Calibre does not recognize it. I have searched here on MR and Googled for solutions but I still cannot transfer my Calibre books. It is only recognized as a media device, not as a drive. The only solutions I have found concern XP, not Win7.

Has anyone been successful in using their Fire HD w/Calibre on Win7?
yes...win 7 here.

may what to power down and up teh kindle WHILE connected to PC.
Mic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
I've noticed that my son has a password on the 7" and unless I unlock it, it won't interact with Windows. I also have to keep it unlocked while copying things from the PC to it.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard

Win7 x64 is sans password on my rig and it makes no difference. I've also tried a physical connection before booting up and that makes no difference either. Even if it did, it is ridiculous to have to resort to that as a standard procedure and I wouldn't. I do not have this problem with other devices. I finally gave up and installed Calibre Companion for hassle-free, wireless use with Calibre. I've always used ES File Explorer for all other wireless file transfers.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
bwonish
bwonish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
something that worked for me.. check whether Calibre is ignoring any devices. When i first tried to connect a kindle fire HD, windows recognized the device, but it would not connect in calibre. after searching and trying a few different things, i went in and found that the device had been set to ignore. removing it from the list immediately allowed it to connect. we didn't tell calibre to ignore it, so it may do this to some other folks too without intentionally setting it to ignore. just wanted to throw the possible solution out there.
bwonish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
bbriggs
bbriggs began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, kindle fire HD
make sure that you are using the latest version of calibre and be patient....my kindle fire HD 7" eventually was found as was my sony prs-t1....using vista but I read somewhere that it would not work with XP. Hope this helps...
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Cough... Macintosh... Cough...

... it just works.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote