Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
adding shelves very slow (maybe since 2.4.0 upgrade)

Hi

I added 7 shelves before the upgrade of February, and it was easy and quick.

Since the upgrade (or is it because I exceed a limit of one page for the shelves list) it takes more than 2 minutes to go from the "new shelf name" screen to the "create" screen.

Has anyone found this slowness too?

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have seen that and reported it to Kobo. The time taken when you press the create button goes up with the number of shelves on the device. It makes sense that it gets slower as it needs to check that it is not a duplicate name. But it shouldn't be this slow with only a few shelves.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Thank you for your reply, David.

My list of shelves is modest, but the collection is big (a lot of word/odt and pdf document converted).

I suspect that the process of shelves creation now makes a pass through the entire collection... (don't ask me why) I guess this wasn't the case before the upgrade.

Alternative "solution" found:
- create a test book in calibre with all my shelves list and add it to the kobo device. This way the whole list is created at once. (requires the set up of the device shelf column in Calibre)

It saves me the boring waiting time of creating the shelves one by one.

Hope this helps others.

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote