Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #76
talovds
talovds began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx I62 Nemo
At I62 Nemo(HD), have some problem with mechanism of selection text in CoolReader, with 1.8 firmware. Hmm. And with 2012/06/26.
With original Russian firmware, I can`t switch pages with tap on screen, but if I want mark text - swiping finger and text making marked(then I going to settings and tap "add quote" - it`s working).
With fw from Booxtor(thanks for this, Booxtor!), opposite situation - easy switching pages and hard to mark text.
To add a quote that first I need to do?
a) Try to mark text or
b) Going to setting and tap "add quote"? With "b" marking only 1 random word
on page(I think so)
Features fw 1.8:
1) "Настрийки изображения" in Global Settings(it`s a bug from Russian fw 2012/09/13 or something I think)
2) User manual from A62

Sorry for my bad English.

Для русскопонимающих:
Spoiler:
На прошивке 1,8 и 26/06, странная ситуация с процессом выделения текста для цитирования в CoolReader`е.
Не ясно что я надо сделать первым:
а) Выделить слово или цитату?
б) Зайти в настройки и тапнуть по "добавить цитату".
В "а" - выделить слово можно, но не цитату.
В "б" - выделяется какой-то одно случайное слово на нужной странице, о цитате тоже не может быть и речи.

Нельзя ли как-то заменить файлы CR из одной прошивки в другую, мне цитаты важнее чем словарь, но их можно заменить закладками.

Найденные фишки в 1.8:
1) Настрийки изображения в общих настройках (из fw 09/13 русской прошивки вроде)
2)В настройках инструкция пользователя для А62

Спасибо Booxtor за ту работу что он делает)
talovds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #77
QuanRu
QuanRu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD aka capt.NEMO (ru)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Did you try to activate the metadata extraction in
settings?
Yes, surely it's active. The device takes several minutes for startup (>2Gb of zipped FB2's on the card) but all FB2's remains "unknown" for system, except for files that were once or more opened manually. Switching of this feature off gives faster startup but titles remain unread in any case.
Currently I have FW ver.20121102 installed and it's third FW with the same problem found.

PS: I have mostly FB2.zip and several unzipped FB2; unzipped files remains unscanned too.

PPS: (for possible implementation in future) In fact it's not nesessary to scan ALL files on startup: for practical use it's enough to scan files in the root of the disk only and later each time when any folder is opened by user then scan files in the root of just opened folder only. This algorithm allows to avoid crazy startup delays but behave as if all files were pre-scanned; the cost is a small delay of folder opening.
QuanRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #78
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Before taking the plunge and installing the new firmware, I'd like to know a few things about the included software.

At the moment, the OLD PDF-Reader is my standard application for reading epubs. The reason is that FB-Reader is a total mess for epubs, ignoring nearly all the formatting, and CoolReader, while being quite nice in many respects, has a few deal-breaking flaws, the worst of them probably the handling of <br /> in centered paragraphs and headings and the inability to display embedded fonts.

The beta of the new PDF-Reader is very nice for PDFs (the two-point zoom is wonderful for reading PDFs on a small display!), but I can't set it to full-screen mode. There are also quite a few tools missing when reading epubs, compared to the old version, most notably "Mark" and "Copy".

So as things are, I am very happy with my i62HD using the old PDF-Reader. From this thread, I gather that the new one is the standard version now. Is the old one still included? Or has the new one been improved, enabling full-screen mode and adding the missing tools? Or has CoolReader been improved in its handlng of <br /> and the display of embedded fonts?

If not, I'll rather stick with the old firmware.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #79
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hello ? Can it be updated without sd card ?
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #80
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Before taking the plunge and installing the new firmware, I'd like to know a few things about the included software.

At the moment, the OLD PDF-Reader is my standard application for reading epubs. The reason is that FB-Reader is a total mess for epubs, ignoring nearly all the formatting, and CoolReader, while being quite nice in many respects, has a few deal-breaking flaws, the worst of them probably the handling of <br /> in centered paragraphs and headings and the inability to display embedded fonts.

The beta of the new PDF-Reader is very nice for PDFs (the two-point zoom is wonderful for reading PDFs on a small display!), but I can't set it to full-screen mode. There are also quite a few tools missing when reading epubs, compared to the old version, most notably "Mark" and "Copy".

So as things are, I am very happy with my i62HD using the old PDF-Reader. From this thread, I gather that the new one is the standard version now. Is the old one still included? Or has the new one been improved, enabling full-screen mode and adding the missing tools? Or has CoolReader been improved in its handlng of <br /> and the display of embedded fonts?

If not, I'll rather stick with the old firmware.
old pdfreader is still present instead of "use new pdfreader" there is a box showing "use old pdf"

Quote:
Hello ? Can it be updated without sd card ?
as i know, you have to use an sd card
bye!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #81
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Thanks, Inemi.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #82
stadja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
as i know, you have to use an sd card
Thanks for the quick response Inemi
Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #83
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
I would like to change shutdown screen in my Boox. Could you inform me about appropriate settings (I suppose that resolution should be 1024x758, but I don't know if the image should be placed horizontally or vertically, about possible colour depth) and name / localization of the file in firmware? Thank you in advance for your help!
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 AM   #84
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

1024x758
16 numbers shades of grey
what do you mean with orizontally or vertically?
for localisation --> looks at the bottom of page 2 of this thread :P

bye!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #85
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Horizontally or vertically - if the "top of the image" should be placed "at the top" or "at the left" (so resolution should be 1024x758 or 758x1024)?
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #86
Inemi
Connoisseur

of course, if the image is a portrate 1024x758, if its a landscape, 758x1024
the longest side correspond to 1024... so make your own decision
Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #87
stadja

Hello, I just found a bug in the new pdf reader.
When you adjust the view by zooming to the width and then you want to search something in the text. The search box is zoomed, so you can't see every keys and you can't launch the search.

EDIT --> It's not all the time. Thus that will be difficult to debug, I know

Last edited by stadja; 11-22-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 AM   #88
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Last friday I received my new i62HD. One of the reasons to buy this one, was that I wasn't able to make annotations in my old reader (BeBook One).

When I tried to make annotations in an ePub while using the old pdf-reader with the old firmware, those notes weren't saved.
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware and installed the new pdf-reader, and the situation was even worse: the menu gave me the
possibility to choose: 'add annotation', and I could select text, but where the old pdf-reader opened the soft keyboard then, nothing happened in the new.

Luckily, when I choose 'use old pdf-reader', everything is fine. I can select text, then the soft keyboard opens and the text I enter is saved.

So I keep wondering... Is this a bug in the new pdf-reader, or am I doing something wrong?
(I haven't tried to annotate a pdf in the new pdf-reader, because most of my files are ePub.)
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #89
Inemi
Connoisseur

hallo everyone, I have found new dictionaries:

http://polyglotte.tuxfamily.org/doku...cos_bilingues/
and
http://www.7steps.it/downloads/Downloads/Stardict.html
(many thanks to authors)

most of them are in stardict format, so they should work "as is", but I'm testing

@anneT: that's a new feature. many of us just need to highlight text, so keyboard has been moved. once added an annotation, select modify annotation
I know might be tricky

Last edited by Inemi; 02-18-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #90
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
Last friday I received my new i62HD. One of the reasons to buy this one, was that I wasn't able to make annotations in my old reader (BeBook One).

When I tried to make annotations in an ePub while using the old pdf-reader with the old firmware, those notes weren't saved.
Yesterday I upgraded the firmware and installed the new pdf-reader, and the situation was even worse: the menu gave me the
possibility to choose: 'add annotation', and I could select text, but where the old pdf-reader opened the soft keyboard then, nothing happened in the new.

Luckily, when I choose 'use old pdf-reader', everything is fine. I can select text, then the soft keyboard opens and the text I enter is saved

So I keep wondering... Is this a bug in the new pdf-reader, or am I doing something wrong?
(I haven't tried to annotate a pdf in the new pdf-reader, because most of my files are ePub.)
Once you have highlighted a text part, just try to click the highlighted area again. The editing dialog shall appear.

Inemi: Thanks for the link. I will test your dictionaries in a couple of days - currently I am really busy with other important things

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-25-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote