Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Pierdzioszek
Pierdzioszek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Problems converting rtf to mobi

hello,

quick question: using the newest calibre, when converting rtfs to mobi I ofen end up with only opf file with mobi missing? What am I doing wrong?
Pierdzioszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierdzioszek View Post
hello,

quick question: using the newest calibre, when converting rtfs to mobi I ofen end up with only opf file with mobi missing? What am I doing wrong?
First question: where are you ending up with jut an OPF?

Second question: Did the conversion pop an error message (or crash Calibre )?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Pierdzioszek
Pierdzioszek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
thx for anwser. 1) I end up with opf in the folder supposed to contain both files after conversion 2) if I try to convert to mobi only sometimes I end up with error msg/
The thing is, sometimes, I do try to convert, fail at getting mobi file, than delete everything do the conv agian and everything is ok
Pierdzioszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierdzioszek View Post
thx for anwser. 1) I end up with opf in the folder supposed to contain both files after conversion 2) if I try to convert to mobi only sometimes I end up with error msg/
The thing is, sometimes, I do try to convert, fail at getting mobi file, than delete everything do the conv agian and everything is ok
Unless you are using the CLI to convert to an external folder, you should not ever delete a book format EXCEPT by using Calibre GUI.

I suggest you read the detailed section inside the 'hide' button here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...54&postcount=1. Folder structure and contents need to belong, soley to Calibre

There is no Mobi, because your convert failed (and the fail message was the only clue as to why it failed).

Copy and paste the message inside [spoiler] tags (the red X eye on the MR advanced edit menu) and the guru's can hopefully give you tips to fix the problem.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote