Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
If Anna Karenina was not to your taste, perhaps you would prefer this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Android-Kareni.../dp/1594744602
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #32
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Slightly off-topic: Tolstoy was an interesting cat, from what I've read. He professed to have a deep and profound love for "humanity", but couldn't be bothered to like individual people.
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #33
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
... Just picture me with lots of translation dictionaries reading about word meanings and use, then later on using the internet for as many as I could find, just to learn if what was being written or said was what it really was, so I could respond or understand. Then picture me using back translation to see if it really does mean that. Think of your Spanish example and how it doesn't always back translate correctly and misses the meaning that is being conveyed in the original language.
I am impressed speechless with this picture. And consider the double translation, say Russian to English to Spanish or Arabic!

¿I also wondered at your OS? As I recall Vista was ranked at the bottom by most of the 'experts'.
(thanks for the posting explanation)
d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh59 View Post
What struck me about the character of Anna was how her behavior fits that of someone suffering from the personality disorder known as Borderline Personality Disorder.
jay
BPD, yes, very much so. Thanks for sharing. I am liking AK a lot more, directly attributable to my late start reading it and this thread.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #34
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
Slightly off-topic: Tolstoy was an interesting cat, from what I've read. He professed to have a deep and profound love for "humanity", but couldn't be bothered to like individual people.
That's funny - I'm entirely opposite.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 AM   #35
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I am impressed speechless with this picture. And consider the double translation, say Russian to English to Spanish or Arabic!

¿I also wondered at your OS? As I recall Vista was ranked at the bottom by most of the 'experts'.
(thanks for the posting explanation)
d <snip>
Don't be too impressed, it was solely a survival skill and one I am still not too great at. My first love was XP then when it was not able to be _saved_, I had to move to Vista. Not my favorite, but still running well and strong, so I'll live with it until it dies.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert