Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #61
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
@frostschutz

Hi,
Will it be possible to launch the AutoShelf with a line in the menu of KSM8, please ?
While tshering is developping its KSM8, it would be great if you both could make something to make this possible
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #62
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by myki View Post
@frostschutz

Hi,
Will it be possible to launch the AutoShelf with a line in the menu of KSM8, please ?
While tshering is developping its KSM8, it would be great if you both could make something to make this possible
Have a look at this post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:36 AM   #63
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Oh, I wondered if it will still works under KSM 8, with the version of autoshelf that works with sickel.... I have my answer now, thank you very much
Old 09-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #64
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Hi frostchutz,

It worked well in the v.3.17.3, but in v.3.18.0 not working. Tapping the screen while the reader is connected to the PC the autoshelf icon no longer appears.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #65
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's odd... it still works fine here on my H2O running 3.18.0.

You might have to wait a second or two between taps.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #66
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
That's odd... it still works fine here on my H2O running 3.18.0.

You might have to wait a second or two between taps.
Excuseme. It works perfectly in aura H20 v.3.18.0.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #67
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have some changes (but not yet fully implemented/tested so no release), new version will

- delete duplicate collections,
- for deleted collections, delete them thus that they will stay deleted after sync,
(right now everything 'reincarnates' on sync - I didn't notice since I don't usually sync),
- optional exclusive mode (remove all collections, keeping only the autoshelf ones),
- optional subdir mode (only create collections for specific subdirs),

Any other bugs while I'm at it?

Apart from the sorting issue, I don't have a solution for that one yet. It's a bug in the Kobo firmware, doesn't even work when you create collections manually.

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-05-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #68
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
I have some changes (but not yet fully implemented/tested so no release), new version will

- delete duplicate collections,
- for deleted collections, delete them thus that they will stay deleted after sync,
(right now everything 'reincarnates' on sync - I didn't notice since I don't usually sync),
- optional exclusive mode (remove all collections, keeping only the autoshelf ones),
- optional subdir mode (only create collections for specific subdirs),

Any other bugs while I'm at it?

Apart from the sorting issue, I don't have a solution for that one yet. It's a bug in the Kobo firmware, doesn't even work when you create collections manually.
waiting...
Old 10-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #69
frostschutz
Linux User

I have a test version, attached to the first post.

It introduces a config file .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg.

Code:
# AutoShelf sample configuration file
# In order to use this file, rename it to .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg

#
# path (Default: /mnt/onboard:/mnt/sd)
#
# path=path1[=prefix1][:path2[=prefix2]]...
#
#   Specify the paths to be included by AutoShelf.
#   Several paths can be separated using :.
#
#   Paths in the internal memory start with /mnt/onboard.
#   Paths on the external SD card start with /mnt/sd.
#
#   The pathname itself will be removed from the collection name,
#   so a collection "Fantasy/" would include books from both
#   /mnt/onboard/Fantasy/ and /mnt/sd/Fantasy/.
#
#   If you prefer "SD/Fantasy/" for the SD-card instead, you can
#   specify a prefix using =.
#
#   Examples:
#     path=/mnt/onboard:/mnt/sd=SD/
#     path=/mnt/onboard/Books=Books/:/mnt/onboard/Comics=Comics/
#
path=/mnt/onboard:/mnt/sd

#
# skip (Default: /mnt/onboard/.kobo)
#
# skip=path[:path]...
#
#   Like path, but specifies paths to skip.
#   Several paths can be separated using :.
#   By default this applies to Kobo's User Manual.
#
skip=/mnt/onboard/.kobo

#
# consume (Default: 1)
#
#   If set, each path will consume its books so the next path 
#   will not consider the same books again. Only relevant if
#   you are using overlapping paths.
#
#   This can be used to deviate from the real path structure
#   without duplicating collections.
#
#     path=/mnt/onboard/Sorted:/mnt/onboard=Unsorted/
#
consume=1

#
# series (Default: 1)
#   Set series information for books based on folder and filename.
#   If set to 0, series information will remain unchanged.
#   To remove series information, see series_regexp below.
#
series=1

#
# series_regexp (Default: #([^/]+)/([0-9.]+)#:\1:\2:#)
#   Only applies if series=1.
#
#   The regular expression used to grab series and number,
#   using sed extended regular expression syntax.
#
#   Input:  JKR/Harry Potter/001 Philosopher's Stone.epub
#   Output: :Harry Potter:001:
#
#   This can also be used to remove all series information:
#     series_regexp=/.*/:::/
#
series_regexp=#([^/]+)/([0-9.]+)#:\1:\2:#

#
# exclusive (Default: 0)
#   Set to 1 to use AutoShelf exclusively.
#   !!! All other collections will be deleted.
#
exclusive=0

#
# unique_book (Default: 0)
#
#   There shall be no book in more than one shelf at a time.
#   Affects all shelves, not just the ones created by AutoShelf.
#   May leave behind empty shelves.
#
unique_book=0

#
# uninstall (Default: 0)
#   Set to 1 if you want to uninstall AutoShelf after the next run.
#   Uninstalling will also remove all AutoShelf collections.
#
uninstall=0
Doesn't solve everything I wanted to. Either because I don't fully understand the database format, or because it's just bugs in Kobo's firmware.

Collections stopped reincarnating on sync for me except in one case: after uninstall with all collections removed, hey they're back. Yay.

Date is still scrambled, sort by date does not work. Sync sets date to 1970s, no matter what I do. And it happens for collections created directly on the Kobo as well. Same for book dates. Sort by "Date added" works - immediately after you added them. Stops working after you reboot. So it remembers the date in a memory structure temporarily only.

Anyway, while not perfect, this should be more powerful/customizable than before.

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-08-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 AM   #70
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I have a test version, attached to the first post.

It introduces a config file .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg.

Doesn't solve everything I wanted to. Either because I don't fully understand the database format, or because it's just bugs in Kobo's firmware.
I think it's bugs in the firmware or the sync. But, I do understand this part of the database, so ask if you have questions.
Quote:
Collections stopped reincarnating on sync for me except in one case: after uninstall with all collections removed, hey they're back. Yay.
You're probably better to add "SyncShelves=false" into the "Applications" section of the config file. That way, the shelves are touched during a sync.
Quote:
Date is still scrambled, sort by date does not work. Sync sets date to 1970s, no matter what I do. And it happens for collections created directly on the Kobo as well. Same for book dates. Sort by "Date added" works - immediately after you added them. Stops working after you reboot. So it remembers the date in a memory structure temporarily only.
The "Date Added" sort in a shelf is broken. If you add the books, it works, but after the database is reread, it stops working. I'd love to see the code that messes this up as I have never worked out how they are interpreting the timestamp to get the order I see. Kobo definitely know about it.

From memory, sometime ago something messed up on the sync server that set all the shelf timestamps to "1970-01-01T00:00:00Z". And I think all those shelves have kept having that date. Newer ones seem to have the actual timestamp. But, there might be something else that triggers the reset of the timestamp as the only ones I have with the correct timestamp are from this month.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #71
frostschutz
Linux User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"1970-01-01T00:00:00Z"
That's what I'm seeing.

Also when you delete a shelf it suddenly uses a different timestamp format (.123 fraction seconds instead of Z at the end). So I tried using that instead, no luck.

The sync also sets the shelf type to 'Custom'. It seems setting it back to nothing makes the sync-permanent-delete work better

It could also be something else. The old AutoShelf re-created the shelves on every run (new ID, new everything) and who knows what Kobo makes of that on the sync-server-side. The current AutoShelf version keeps the created shelves (or their IDs anyway).

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-09-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
That's what I'm seeing.

Also when you delete a shelf it suddenly uses a different timestamp format (.123 fraction seconds instead of Z at the end). So I tried using that instead, no luck.
The timestamp format in the database is a little inconsistent. The end in "Z" format is probably the most common, but the milliseconds is used as well.
Quote:
The sync also sets the shelf type to 'Custom'. It seems setting it back to nothing makes the sync-permanent-delete work better
At one time I thought that Kobo were going to use the shelf mechanism in other ways. I assumed that the Type would be used to indicate this and "Custom" was for shelves created by the user. The "SmartShelves" has been the only other use, but I don't remember if that used different type or not.
Quote:
It could also be something else. The old AutoShelf re-created the shelves on every run (new ID, new everything) and who knows what Kobo makes of that on the sync-server-side. The current AutoShelf version keeps the created shelves (or their IDs anyway).
In the KoboTouch driver, I create the shelves in the same way that the device does. When I delete them, if the _IsSynced is false, I delete the row. If it is true, I change _IsDeleted to true. That way, at the next sync, the deletion is synced and hence passed to any other devices. For a synced shelf, if the row is simply deleted, the shelf comes back at the next sync.

If you were just deleting the rows, then I would expect that shelves would come back during a sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #73
frostschutz
Linux User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you were just deleting the rows, then I would expect that shelves would come back during a sync.
The old version just deleted the rows. The new version sets _IsDeleted to true.

When you create a shelf on the kobo and then delete it, in the database it's still there with _IsSynced false and _IsDeleted true, so I'm using _IsDeleted regardless of sync status as well.

I'll have to test it with a new Kobo account I guess, just to verify whether the current mod would cause reincarnating shelves despite using _IsDeleted, or maybe what I'm seeing is just leftovers in my account from the old mod.

But as long as it only happens when you delete all other shelves - which you're unlikely to do anyway, maybe it's not as bad as it seems.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:41 AM   #74
myki
Zealot

Hi frostschutz,

I am now on 3.18.0 firmware and KSM8, I want now to install Autoshelf.
Do you still advise me to install the on demand version (as you gave me above) or your last test version ?
Should I wait that the new things arrive in the on demand version ? (if you plan to )
And at last Where do I have to put the script file, paths seem to have changed since KSM v8 ?

Thanx in advance for your help
Old 11-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #75
frostschutz
Linux User

@myki: I can't speak for KSM as I'm not using KSM myself.