Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
While I agree that his reply wasn't the most friendly sounding the poster who said it wasn't funny wasn't much help either with how little detail they gave in their critique of the story. Why wasn't it funny? He/she doesn't say anything about that. If someone doesn't like something about a story I'd say at least include something of why in the critique. Spoiler tags will hide it from those who don't want the story spoiled I'd think. And in any case the poster didn't lose anything as the story was offered for free.
But, the author did come back saying that we should have a sick sense of humor. Given that, I'd say forget bothering.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, the author did come back saying that we should have a sick sense of humor. Given that, I'd say forget bothering.
You may be right JSWolf. I haven't read the story itself as yet so I don't know if it was meant in jest or earnest. Certainly it is a big net out there so there is plenty to read for just about every taste I would think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I didn't mean to offend in my response, but the story itself could definitely be viewed as offensive or crude by some. I have a particular brand of humor dealing with sometimes harsh and perverse subject matter in a joking manner, while retaining underlying story lines and themes of the most deep and existential vain.

It's completely acceptable to me if you didn't like, were offended, disgusted or turned off by my story. It evoked a response, positive or not, and that is the exact effect I'm looking for. The worst thing my writing could do would be to elicit no feelings or thoughts at all. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion and I'm thrilled that my story could motivate a reaction.
Echase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
Maybe you don't have a sick sense of humor.
Just an ordinary one. If you _really_ want a full critique I would have to re-read your story. I don't want to do that. Sorry.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
Echase
Connoisseur
Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Echase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read the (controversial?) short story "The Space Diaries" ! Warning: Not for the faint of heart. Contains possibly distasteful scenarios and may revolt those who don't enjoy sick humor.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Echase
Connoisseur

Free!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
Echase
Connoisseur

Read the disturbing and offensive adventures of egotistic and maniacal space captain Bex Shimmerly!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
Echase
Connoisseur

A True Hero.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #24
Echase
Connoisseur

Read about a demented space captain and his sick, offensive and gross hijinx!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #25
Echase
Connoisseur

Get it.