Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
maeghan
maeghan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
DRM in iPad/iPhone

I have been searching on how to backup my Kindle books through iPad/iPhone but no luck. Hope you could help in directing me.
I have copied the mobi files from iTunes into a folder in my PC. How do I remove the DRMs using Calibre? The plugins I downloaded are only for the Kindles requiring the PIDs.

Many many thanks.
maeghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeghan View Post
How do I remove the DRMs using Calibre? The plugins I downloaded are only for the Kindles requiring the PIDs.
Regardless of available plugins Calibre itself is not a DRM removal tool. Details on how to remove DRM are prohibited on Mobileread. You can ask for help from the same blog where you got the third party plugins.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-30-2012 at 06:03 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
maeghan
maeghan began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I see. Thanks all the same.
maeghan is offline   Reply With Quote