Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow Onyx Boox i62HD. Software updates.

UPD 2013-07-19

New updates for all Onyx Boox are available.

You can also download them from our website directly

Onyx Boox i62HD ML (Firefly) Update 2013-07-16

Onyx Boox i62HD Update 2013-07-18

Change log:

Please note, that this update does not contain some new features and fixes yet, which are still in testing (like margin setting, GUI optimization, multitasking feature, Acapela TTS, etc).

General fixes
* fixed can't download the books with DRM.
* Automatic move of the position of dictionary depending on position of selected words.
* add “turn on Moon Light automatically after wake up/power on” positions in MOON light configurations tool (only concerns the Firefly model).
* support some PDB format books.

Fixed in New PDF reader:
* "selection zoom" and "two point zoom" cannot work normally. (Long pressed to show context menu).
* support turn pages when using dictionary.
* White screen after rotate screen in new pdf reader's zoom mode.
* Improved the method of multi touch when open epub file (scale text, don't scale picture)

Fixed in GUI:
* search result does not display file name.
* sort type hasn't restored after restarting.

Fixed in Web Browser
* editable content opens keyboard when it has been clicked.
* supported multi line input for "text areas" in web pages
* browser crashes after selected in combo boxes.

Fixed in Image Reader
* problem that only the last page is exported.
* Scribbles can only be shown in the first image in one folder.

Fixed in FB Reader:
* improved “go to page” function.
* Added hyphenation.

Fixed in Music Player
* make sure music player work normal after device wakeup.

Fixed in RSS reader:
* RSS reader can't work in some RSS sources

Fixed in Cool Reader:
* "search tool" didn't work.
* support both single touch and swipe to turn pages.
* case insensitive when using search tool.
* only generate the cover from the first page of the document.

UPD. 2013.01.02

Here is the PDF Reader with new Page Setting functionality
We have abandoned Two Point Margins tool and added two new visual margins setting tools instead:
Universal Manual Settings - to setup all pages of a PDF document
Odd / Even Manual Settings - to setup odd and even pages differently.
I hope you will like it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...f%20reader.rar

As usual unzip it and copy those two files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
You can use it without rebooting.
Please note that this particular tool in the new PDF Reader it is still beta!
Your feedback is welcome

UPD. 12.12.12

Here is a new patch with fixes of most important bugs in the new PDF Reader

Please download this file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...er%20Patch.rar

This patch works on both i62HD and i62 HD Firefly

Unzip it and copy those three files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
The device will reboot.

What has been fixed:
  • PDF Reader. Margins settings and Customized Zoom are not saved after closing a book
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 1. Home button causes exit from the pdf after return from stand by
  • PDF Reader. Standby issue 2. Controlls are non functional after return from Standby
  • PDF Reader. Glyph embolden >0. Page turn issue.
  • PDF Reader. Annotations. Highlighting of empty area causes exit.
  • PDF Reader. Key mapping. the order of tools has been changed. Now pan + zoom are set by default.
  • PDF Reader. no confirmation is needed if exiting a book with Close Icon in main menu

for Onyx Boox i62HD
UPD. 13 Nov 2012

New Version 1.8 (1.8.20121102)
http://www.ereader-store.de/DATA/i62...e-20121102.zip.

UPD. July 18th
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120717.zip
The metadata pre-fetching has been put background, that will not interfere the UI. And the setting for displaying file name or book title in three views was added too.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120626.zip

Made some improvements in the software and bigger icons on status bar (for more comfortable finger navigation)

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-19-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
How do you update the i62HD? I want to be able to update mine when it arrives.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Does not the firmware download link.

Are the improvements are just cosmetic?
Or some bug fixes?

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
papyrus
papyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3), Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here the new release of the firmware

for Onyx Boox i62HD

Made some improvements in the software and bigger icons on status bar (for more comfortable finger navigation)
The above link does not work...I took this one from the general firmware update thread (seems the folder path is incomplete)

Can you describe the changes/enhancements for this version? Thanks
papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Does the current firmware version support exporting pdf annotations like the M92?
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Link corrected.. sorry
Updating is similar like M92:

Firmware Updating:

- Copy the file to a sd card and put it into your device
- Just for case if your battery is not charged properly connect the reader to the wall charger (or USB Port of your PC)
- switch off the reader
- hold the HOME button pressed and switch on the device.
Wait approx. 10 minutes till the device restarts

The release notes will be published later
Old 07-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
FrankSmith
FrankSmith began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the update of i62HD. The device is really great but there are still some minor annoyances:

I noticed that some icon labels have an unwanted line break in some localizations. So, some two line labels become a three line label, now. The third line is nearly unreadable because it reaches out of the icon spaces.
I am not shure, if it was the same way before, I just mentioned it.

Also some dictionaries crashes immediatly, now. They work in the last firmware. Now, only the original built-in dictionary works flawlessly.

Unfortunately, CoolReader has serious problem with several epubs. CoolReader crashes suddenly when it tries to open an epub. When it opens an ePub it has some problems with special characters, which FBReader opens just fine. But FBReader show other problems like inconstitent page numeration and has some other features missing, I like on CoolReader and vice versa.

Even if the above might sound so bad: It isn't. The device is still beautiful and I hope to give some feedback will improve future versions of the firmware.

Many thanks,
Frank

Last edited by FrankSmith; 07-05-2012 at 05:20 AM.
FrankSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSmith View Post
Thanks for the update of i62HD. The device is really great but there are still some minor annoyances:

I noticed that some icon labels have an unwanted line break in some localizations. So, some two line labels become a three line label, now. The third line is nearly unreadable because it reaches out of the icon spaces.
I am not shure, if it was the same way before, I just mentioned it.

Also some dictionaries crashes immediatly, now. They work in the last firmware. Now, only the original built-in dictionary works flawlessly.

Unfortunately, CoolReader has serious problem with several epubs. CoolReader crashes suddenly when it tries to open an epub. When it opens an ePub it has some problems with special characters, which FBReader opens just fine. But FBReader show other problems like inconstitent page numeration and has some other features missing, I like on CoolReader and vice versa.

Even if the above might sound so bad: It isn't. The device is still beautiful and I hope to give some feedback will improve future versions of the firmware.

Many thanks,
Frank
Thank you very much for emphasizing of this issues!
Could you please provide me the dictionaries and epubs with problems (if they are not under copy rights). We have to test them to figure either the problem is in the software or in the files and try to avoid crashes in the future.
We will also shorten and optimize the icon labels if you can tell me localisation and menu points.

The software will be definitely improved.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-05-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Other thing must be added is hyphenation for CoolReader, at least a standard way to disable it, but it will be a great option to be able to enable other languages than current hardcoded one.

I do not know how FBReader detects book language and applies hyphenation, but CoolReader could do the same.

Other i62HD problem is it does not like MAC OS X Lion (and possibly other OS X versions). It shows strange behavior once disconnected. MAC says it hasn't been able to successfully unmount disks (when you mount Boox with SD inserted, you get two mounted disks and once you order dismount one, Boox dismount both and MAC complains).

Last edited by rfog; 07-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
FrankSmith

Quote:
Thank you very much for emphasizing of this issues!
Could you please provide me the dictionaries and epubs with problems (if they are not under copy rights). We have to test them to figure either the problem is in the software or in the files and try to avoid crashes in the future.
We will also shorten and optimize the icon labels if you can tell me localisation and menu points.
Thanks for your feedback.
I tried the dictionaries from the M92 thread:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/
especially from this page:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/freedict.de/
I downloaded the German-English and English-German
After that I unzipped the packed .dict-files, too, like it is described in the M92 thread.

The epubs are DRM-protected, so I can not send them to you, I am sorry about that. But they are about 1.5 to 3 MB in size with some pictures in it, which is larger than most other eBooks I already tried. Hope that helps.

The long item labels are visible in the german localization. It happen in the popup dialog boxes, e.g. open a .doc-file -> Notizen -> Notizen zusammenführen.
I forgot to mention that I have set the default font in the general settings to Myriad Pro which is nicely readable in the GUI. With this font it also happens in some of the popup entries that are some weird word wrapping occurs.

Many thanks for taking care.

@rfog:
On my Mac with Lion the i62HD behaves like any other USB flash drive. Absolutely no different when connecting or disconnecting. What you can try is to wait a little longer pulling out the UBS cable after disconnecting. Maybe there is Spotlight still writing some indexing stuff on the "drive". Also, make shure that the i62HD is disabled in the Spotlight privacy under the system settings on you Mac. Hopefully that helps.

Frank

Last edited by FrankSmith; 07-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
FrankSmith

Another little typo which I mentioned today: The german translation of "encoding" is shown as "Verschlüsselung". This is wrong. "Verschlüsselung" is similar to encryption.
The correct translation of "encoding" in this usage should be "Kodierung".

Cheers,
Frank
Old 07-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
hi, i have just update my boox, but now every time i swich on the reader, it spend 5 minutes loading. can i restore the previous version?
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
owly
Guru

Which file should I copy? There are a couple of different ones in the working link.

Quote:
Link corrected.. sorry
Updating is similar like M92:

Firmware Updating:

- Copy the file to a sd card and put it into your device
- Just for case if your battery is not charged properly connect the reader to the wall charger (or USB Port of your PC)
- switch off the reader
- hold the HOME button pressed and switch on the device.
Wait approx. 10 minutes till the device restarts

The release notes will be published later
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
owly
Guru

Figured it out.