Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
woodnboats
woodnboats began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Move file to root

I posted this in the Entourage forum also, but have gotten no response, so I thought I'd try here as well.

I need to move the license file for uBook to the root of the android system from the SD card, but none of the file managers I have tried have been able to do it, saying only "operation failed"

Is it not possible to add files to the system card on the Pocket Edge?

Thanks for any help.

Kirk
woodnboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Have you tried running Z4root and just rooting your eDGe? You can do it temporarily -- just until your next boot. I've done it a couple of times -- no smoke so far.

You could search for 4398981.apk or http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...root-here.html

Or just Google z4root and pick one.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
woodnboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
Have you tried running Z4root and just rooting your eDGe? You can do it temporarily -- just until your next boot. I've done it a couple of times -- no smoke so far.

You could search for 4398981.apk or http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...root-here.html

Or just Google z4root and pick one.
Thanks, I think I will probably do that, although for some unknown reason uBook started working properly and now says it is licensed to me. Go figure.

Anyway, I have an expensive paid app on my "Droid which I bought from the Android Market, which gives me the right to install it on up to six devices. But since I can't download it directly to the PE, I'll have to explore some shadier means. Rooting here I come.

Kirk
Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
You can contact the company that wrote it. They can probably help you move the license key file. As for the shady part, we've got an emulator working that you can install the app on, then use Astro File Explorer, or Titanium Backup to back it up to an .apk file and copy to the edge.

The combo of installing from the .apk and a moved license file should resolve the issue.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
woodnboats

I hadn't thought of that. I thought the emulator method only worked for free apps, didn't know you could back up paid ones.

As far as I know there is no license file for Slingplayer, just the neccesity of downloading it ftom my Market account.

It's already on my 'Droid. Would Titanium back it up from there? Have to root the 'Droid, though, right?

Thanks for your help.

Kirk