Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Billiam
Billiam began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Stuck at "opening book...". Can't hard reset.

My wife's PRS-300 is not booting currently, and won't get past the "Opening book..." splash screen.

I left it charging overnight (on a charger, not usb), but I'm still seeing the same behavior.

If I soft reset it with the reset pin, and power it back on:
The screen wipes and refreshes
The power light comes on solid, then starts flashing
Screen sticks at "Opening book..."

Up until a minute ago, hard resetting had the same result: just got stuck on "Opening book..." indefinitely, no prompts provided.

Now, suddenly, it's displaying "Firmware update did not complete successfully. Please try again" after a moment.

If connect it to my machine, it mounts a single, 44.0kB drive with containing a 0 byte "Protected !!" file.

Any suggestions?
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Billiam,

as there is no Sony-Stock-Updater for the PRS-300 (to my knowledge), you can try to follow the steps given here:http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/Unbricking

HTH
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert