Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Soxendom
Connoisseur
Soxendom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Changing fonts

How do I get OI to use the fonts in the fonts directory.

I have several fonts which I put in a fonts directory on the sd card. The directory shows up on the menu but I can't seem to access any of them. The wiki seems to suggest that the directory has to be labelled .fonts but when I tried to change the name to that windows said that I had to type a name first.

Any ideas.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxendom View Post
How do I get OI to use the fonts in the fonts directory.

I have several fonts which I put in a fonts directory on the sd card. The directory shows up on the menu but I can't seem to access any of them. The wiki seems to suggest that the directory has to be labelled .fonts but when I tried to change the name to that windows said that I had to type a name first.

Any ideas.
I do not think that the OI bookshelf uses the .fonts directory for the system fonts, but the FBReader should make your installed fonts available when you are reading a book. I use the internal .home/user/.fonts directory for my fonts and they show up in the font selection menu of FBReader just fine. When you need to start a filename with a period in Windows you will need to create the file or directory name from the Windows command line because Windows Explorer will not allow a leading period. FWIW, the leading period is used to make the file or directory name invisible for the Linux OS, so the directory should not show up in your bookshelf at all.
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The attached .fonts.zip contains one freely distributable font, and can be unzipped to create a .fonts folder under Windows.
Attached Files
File Type: zip .fonts.zip (227.9 KB, 459 views)