Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
[REQ] Extract the first PDF page as image

I've got a directory full of PDFs, and I need to extract the first page from each of them and save it as an image file.
It has to be done under Windows XP.

Anybody knows about some free tool to do it?
Don't need a GUI, of course.

Thanks

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Try ABC Amber PDF Converter. Extract first page.
Drop into Gimp as a new image w/ text.
Save.

Here is one I just converted. Took a little longer because of the graphic.
If you are looking for something automated, I can't help you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A Ride for Mr Two.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	22973  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A Ride for Mr. Two-.pdf (291.8 KB, 506 views)

Last edited by crutledge; 02-09-2009 at 08:47 AM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Tahks, cutledge.
I'm rather looking for something more automated, giving in input the whole directory.
I found a couple of software to do it, but none of them was free...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote