Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Ababakar
Ababakar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook Support

As i am struggling between buying a Sony PRS-T2 (+rooting afterwards) and the Pocketbook Touch/622 to buy - and yesterday got the chance to try out the PB -
i got some questions (i already asked similar to Sony Users).
As there is the huge "don't buy" thread in here - but mostly with comments that are quite old.
i wanted to ask about your expierience after you bought a Pocketbook reader.

How is Pocketbooks update policy? Also in terms of bugfixes
Are readers (software) still improved after they are on the market?
What about older readers? - or only the newest model?
How about "user" wishes for software updates? Is the support reading here or elsewhere to see what users like/dislike or would want to be improved/added?
What if something is broken? Hows support then?

For instance to me the rss-feader (if i recall right it is called pocket news) is a feature i would use a lot - but the Pocketbook Touch i had in hand had a version that could use some improvment - as it was really only able to download your feeds and put it in a long, scrollabe only list.

So - whats your experience?
Ababakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello and welcome to MR
Support depends a little on your country, in germany it is excellent, rest of europe a little bit less, US nearly non-existent because they are abandoning the market there.
We just got a major update for the 622, the PRO devices are to follow soon (at least they announced so), generally the support for older models gets slower and will be cancelled eventually, but a lot better than e.g. Sony.
User wishes are reported in two threads here and in the german section, but are mostly ignored.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
IIRC, I kept updating my 302 for about a year or so after I bought it. I haven't really seen any changes in the last year (maybe a little less).
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote