Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2022, 04:45 PM   #1666
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
The last version of the plugin that worked for me without getting a time-out on larger shelves (something that happened after this version) and gives me no problems is 1.15.4.

I am still using it. I was facing Goodreads from stopping the syncing of shelves otherwise, but the plugin kept running even after "the connection from Goodreads has been lost".
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:14 PM   #1667
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is anyone else not getting the dates read for books that aren't being updated through their Kindle? Anytime I manually put in a book or a read date directly on the site the sync date read never shows the date. If there are multiple readings, then only the last date that was entered in via the Kindle will show. It's like Amazon/Goodreads won't allow anyone to get their info unless it's done through their Kindles.
Advert
Old 02-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #1668
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is anyone else not getting the dates read for books that aren't being updated through their Kindle? Anytime I manually put in a book or a read date directly on the site the sync date read never shows the date. If there are multiple readings, then only the last date that was entered in via the Kindle will show. It's like Amazon/Goodreads won't allow anyone to get their info unless it's done through their Kindles.
I’m having the same issue. I’m reading on a Kobo and update the read date manually through the GoodReads site. Since roughly November I don‛t get new read dates through the plug-in and if I manually enter the read date in Calibre the plug-in overwrites them (clears them). The Goodreads web interface shows all read dates correctly. Older read dates still behave like they used to do.

I don’t have a Kindle so I can’t check whether that makes a difference.
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #1669
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I didn't have those problems.
I'm still using the plugin from linux and working great as always
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 02:46 PM   #1670
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Add to My Update Feed

Hi - brilliant brilliant plug-in, use it all the time - thanks very much!

One question. The only info that I want to crop up in my GR Profile's Recent Updates is books that I've read and reviewed. So if I've only read a book, my account settings don't show it on my Update Feed, but if I've written a review directly on the GR site, I can tick the box for Add to My Update Feed.

It's a lot easier to write a review in Calibre, though. So what I want is to be able to sync a reviewed book to GR from Calibre, and have it automatically added to my update feed. (I do get that I can manually navigate to the review & tick the box as I've done in the past, but it's a pain.)

Is there a way or toggle to add a Calibre-reviewed book directly to my update feed via GoodReads Sync?

Thanks.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2023, 09:34 PM   #1671
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I didn't have those problems.
I'm still using the plugin from linux and working great as always
I think it's a problem with Goodreads because when I export a csv file from them if I update a column manually if it doesn't show up as being read on the file.

This has been happening for a while now.

Try it, mark a book as being read and put in the start and end dates manually and then see if Goodreads shows the dates on the library export.

Books that I have re-read when I update the read dates if I do them manually, only the last read date that was updated through the Kindle will show up as the read date in the plug in.

Fixing the read dates also will cause problems. Basically, if i do anything outside the Kindle the dates won't show up in the plugin.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:16 AM   #1672
bdeshi
bdeshi began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hi, is there a way to remove books from exclusive shelves altogether instead of moving to another shelf? I get this message now:
"""
You are about to remove from a shelf marked as exclusive.

This will result in these books being moved to one of your other
shelves rather than being deleted from all shelves.

Do you want to continue?

Yes No
"""
maybe another button in this message similar to "Remove from all shelves"?

(im sorry is this was asked before, i searched this thread but didn't find anything relevant.)
bdeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:25 PM   #1673
dmbymdt
dmbymdt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Automatically sync Calibre to GR

I was wondering if there was a way to automatically sync from Calibre to GR.

Currently when I add a book to GR, I would need to "sync from shelf" to get that book information into Calibre.

Also if i update status in Calibre and wanted to update GR I would need to "add to shelf" in Calibre.
dmbymdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #1674
Georgie W
Connoisseur

Hi - I think I've hit a bug.

I'm running Calibre 6.15.1 & GoodReads Sync 1.7.6. For the last month or so, I've been having problems removing any GR shelf from books via Calibre.

E.g. I have 5 books from which I want to remove my non-exclusive GR shelf "Kindle". Using the plugin in Calibre, I choose Remove from Shelf, make sure "Kindle" is selected from the list of shelves, & click OK. The problem is that the plugin removes the shelf from only the first book in my list. The others are ignored, and "Kindle" is not removed from their GR record.

I've tried this with non-exclusive & exclusive shelves; I've tried with a list of two books & twenty. With a two book list, the first book is properly treated; if I run the plugin again with the same two books, book 2 remains ignored. If I run it with book 2 on its own, things work perfectly. (So it's not something related to individual book records.)

Adding shelves is not a problem - however long the list (<50 ofc), the plugin works perfectly. Sync from shelves also works OK.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:22 PM   #1675
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Georgie W - I've just tried this myself and can see the same behavior so definitely a bug, I will look into why that is. Thanks for reporting this.

EDIT: I can see why this is going wrong, probably always been broken I think. There is an attempt to abort the add/remove action if it thinks there is an error from goodreads trying to process a book. The problem is that when removing a book it doesn't have any code to effectively return success even when it does remove correctly. So it jumps out of the book updating loop which is why only the first book in the group is getting removed. new release shortly...

Last edited by kiwidude; 04-15-2023 at 10:27 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 10:35 PM   #1676
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Goodreads Sync v1.16.3 Released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...s_sync-v1.16.3
Old 04-16-2023, 03:36 PM   #1677
Georgie W
Connoisseur

Thanks - works a treat now.

Just for the record, in case it matters, the plugin hasn't always been broken. The bug's a fairly new thing (maybe last 4-6 weeks) though I can't tie it to a particular update.

I've also said thanks the Paypal way!
Old 07-01-2023, 01:36 PM   #1678
peterpeter
peterpeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Add to Shelf error

Hi! Thanks for creating this awesome plugin

I recently started using this plugin but came across an issue when trying to add a book to the shelf. Note: when I view linked book or view shelf, I don't face any issues; i.e., the browser opens up a window to show the book on goodreads or my shelf.

Calibre: 6.22.0
Goodreads: 1.7.9
Goodreads Sync: 1.16.3
Count Pages: 1.13.0
View Manager: 1.10.2

Error:
calibre, version 6.22.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed.
If it reoccurs you may have exceeded a request limit imposed by Goodreads.
In which case wait an additional 5-10 minutes before retrying.

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 401
b'not authorized\n<!-- This is a random-length HTML comment: pcwoqnydhgsojjhrjgbzjajcxhmxliszmmjnvpvuiknkbzdong ygknwrtonqneysqzzqqgayydblwjyomtazbjkoonuturpccbup xysibrrjmhuaevvipimtbbwiylkogwlewgozinzspvldijbgxh qjmsszsocjjhwzermngjdqhllvgmfckipacdlocpepjkiygzub twnqawvfsmjuzfcowoaqxoiolbmwbgvhuttzbiqgjwmfsfskzz toayshfsqnortfucaicrwqhfwncdjaohrjhfgmqmznmpsbdsds pqwwuengpwdcjejqkhafkvwtawptefjberdwhimmfpidfioybf ddqgwgnccsssnehyhcivcuzbinngujvbpnjxudmnxrnygretln acsg -->'
peterpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:01 AM   #1679
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpeter View Post
Hi! Thanks for creating this awesome plugin

I recently started using this plugin but came across an issue when trying to add a book to the shelf. Note: when I view linked book or view shelf, I don't face any issues; i.e., the browser opens up a window to show the book on goodreads or my shelf.

Calibre: 6.22.0
Goodreads: 1.7.9
Goodreads Sync: 1.16.3
Count Pages: 1.13.0
View Manager: 1.10.2

Error:
calibre, version 6.22.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed.
If it reoccurs you may have exceeded a request limit imposed by Goodreads.
In which case wait an additional 5-10 minutes before retrying.

URL: https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 401
b'not authorized\n<!-- This is a random-length HTML comment: pcwoqnydhgsojjhrjgbzjajcxhmxliszmmjnvpvuiknkbzdong ygknwrtonqneysqzzqqgayydblwjyomtazbjkoonuturpccbup xysibrrjmhuaevvipimtbbwiylkogwlewgozinzspvldijbgxh qjmsszsocjjhwzermngjdqhllvgmfckipacdlocpepjkiygzub twnqawvfsmjuzfcowoaqxoiolbmwbgvhuttzbiqgjwmfsfskzz toayshfsqnortfucaicrwqhfwncdjaohrjhfgmqmznmpsbdsds pqwwuengpwdcjejqkhafkvwtawptefjberdwhimmfpidfioybf ddqgwgnccsssnehyhcivcuzbinngujvbpnjxudmnxrnygretln acsg -->'
Follow the instructions on the wiki page or first post in this thread to authorise the plugin with your goodreads account.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:35 PM   #1680
peterpeter
peterpeter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Follow the instructions on the wiki page or first post in this thread to authorise the plugin with your goodreads account.
Thank you, that did the trick! If the plugin was successfully authorized previously, can it lose its authorization on the goodreads account?
peterpeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads