Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Slydini
Slydini began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Pics and review of Mercury Innovations case for the Sony Pocket Reader

This case is on sale at Radio Shack for only $19.99 at Radio Shack until 6/19/10. Here's the link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...L0606104199458

I reviewed this case for my Cybook Opus, but it's actually specifically designed for the Sony Pocket Reader. Here's the link to my pics and review:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86768

I'm almost positive that this is a rebranded version of the M-Edge Executive Jacket for the Sony Pocket Reader, so if your lucky enough to live close to a select Radio Shack, you should really check it out -- It's definitely worth a look!

I also did a mini review of the Mighty Bright UltraThin 2 LED Book Light which is a great and cheaper alternative to the gangly looking Eluminator2 light that M-Edge sells. Check out the above link to see what this light looks like when attached to this case.
Slydini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It's either a rebranded M-Edge or a copycat (which I would hate to see; I like M-Edge). I have my 505 in its M-Edge Executive Jacket in my hand right now, and I can't see any diffrences aside from those I assume are the result of it being a slightly smaller model.

I just read your review -- there may be a difference. The M-Edge case is genuine leather, not simulated leather. It even smells like a leather-bound book.

I can't recommend the M-Edge cases highly enough. As you said, the straps hold the device snugly in the case, or at least that's true for my 505, which is in one of the last of its cases that Amazon had. I do need to build a little bracket for my book light, though, that can slip into the hidden pocket.

I came up with a cheap solution for protecting the case when I stuff it into something: I bought a "book sock" type book cover (regular size) at a dollar store. I slip the case into it endwise, and pull the other side around and over the top. It's well protected from scuffs that way, and you can't get much cheaper.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert