Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #436
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Vanilla wafers with peanut butter.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #437
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Pasta with pesto, chicken, and snow peas.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #438
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Greek lamb chops in oak harbour and every spice and herb is talking back. Especially the powdered garlic. LOVE fresh garlic, but have real issues with powdered. Wonder why that is?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #439
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Greek lamb chops in oak harbour and every spice and herb is talking back. Especially the powdered garlic. LOVE fresh garlic, but have real issues with powdered. Wonder why that is?
Maybe you have a sensitivity to the sulphur compounds that are added. We need some to be healthy, but some people can't take too much.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #440
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I knew the powdered stuff as tweaked somehow but wasnt sure exactly what the deal was
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #441
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Cup-o-Noodle... Tom Yum Kung flavor.
Very enterprising company, Nissin is! I've seen their cup-noodle products all over the world, flavored with the local favorites.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #442
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Don't you worry about the sodium content? It's like a week's allowance for one adult in a bowl
Old 12-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #443
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
It actually has about a day's sodium allowance, assumingly you're not on an extremely salt-restricted medical diet.

Either way, though, can I make an suggestion on this thread to agree to not critique each other's eating choices? Unless everyone else wants it to be that kind of thread, in which case, carry on.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #444
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
It actually has about a day's sodium allowance, assumingly you're not on an extremely salt-restricted medical diet.

Either way, though, can I make an suggestion on this thread to agree to not critique each other's eating choices? Unless everyone else wants it to be that kind of thread, in which case, carry on.
we've actually always kind of done it in a friendly bantering sort of way
Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #445
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Just looking out for each other ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #446
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't you worry about the sodium content? It's like a week's allowance for one adult in a bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
....Either way, though, can I make an suggestion on this thread to agree to not critique each other's eating choices? Unless everyone else wants it to be that kind of thread, in which case, carry on.
Quote:
Personally, I don't mind the comments. I know that they are not really criticisms (sheesh! Even my spell checker had trouble with what I wrote for that one!)

As for sodium intake... Here's 'my' view; Unless you are on a sodium-restricted diet, the amount you eat will not harm you unless you REALLY overdo it. And I mean REALLY REALLY REALLY overdo it. I put a lot of salt on my popcorn every night, eat a lot of preserved sausage (nitrates and nitrites are salts too,) and never worry about eating an extra dill pickle or helping of sauerkraut. My electrolyte levels are always normal. My EKGs are always normal. My blood pressure is 110/65. I do drink a lot, but pass it out without problems.

Although this goes completely against today's general thinking, there are quite a few doctors now coming around to this way of thinking. The 'recommended' numbers are a 'theory,' with no real fact supporting them... but this is so ONLY for people without conditions that require low sodium diets. There are plenty of people who DO need to watch their sodium consumption. Just not everybody.

Same with cholesterol-rich foods. In fact, I did an experiment with those...
For two weeks before I had a blood test, I ate very high cholesterol-rich foods at every meal. I fasted the 12 hours before the test, and as I expected, the results showed very high levels of LDL cholesterol. The following two weeks I ate almost no foods containing any cholesterol, then again fasted for the 12 hours and had my blood tested. My LDL levels were in the low normal range... Huh?
Try it yourself and see. I had a couple of friends repeat the experiment with the same results. Just because a 'doctor' say it's so, doesn't always make it so.

And the last thing I ate... Ritz crackers with a Ritz cracker on it. A Ritz cracker sandwich with my afternoon tea!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-23-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #447
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Vietnamese style marinated pork salad bites in Mooli ribbons. With a sweet chilli dipping sauce
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #448
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Vietnamese style marinated pork salad bites in Mooli ribbons. With a sweet chilli dipping sauce
From Marks & Spencer? (I had to look up Mooli ribbons. I know it as Daikon)
Oddly enough, we were just talking about that this afternoon, missing a common winter dish called Oden that contains daikon!

Stitchawl
Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #449
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
From Marks & Spencer? (I had to look up Mooli ribbons. I know it as Daikon)
Oddly enough, we were just talking about that this afternoon, missing a common winter dish called Oden that contains daikon!

Stitchawl
How did you guess? . Just been there this morning to pick up our food pre-order (mostly starters and sweets for the 25th - much easier than trying to prepare them ourselves on what is a stressful enough day as it is).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #450
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
How did you guess? . Just been there this morning to pick up our food pre-order (mostly starters and sweets for the 25th - much easier than trying to prepare them ourselves on what is a stressful enough day as it is).
The cite I found describing Mooli ribbons was a Marks&Spencer web page...

I just at my Christmas candy cane. Lemme tell ya... avoid Thai Christmas candy canes if at all possible.

Stitchawl

Tags
what did u last eat/drink