Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
suspect
suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!suspect , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kobo glo
Exclamation Can kobo glo run android app such as nook glo?

Hi. I'm newby. I've travelled around the 4rum and see many threads showing how to up the kobo glo firmware. I'm wondering if those firmware can help kobo glo run android apps like the nook glo. There're a lot of videos showing how to root the nook, can i do the same with my glo?
suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
No...

Nook already runs an Android so it can run Android apps.

But Kobo runs a regular Linux, not an Android. It can run Linux programs instead, with all the corresponding difficulties of compiling binaries or trying to display stuff on screen (something Android conveniently abstracts out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspect View Post
There're a lot of videos showing how to root the nook, can i do the same with my glo?
Kobo doesn't need to be rooted - it has no protections, you're already a root

Last edited by sysKin; 12-28-2012 at 11:32 PM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert