Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
fidjit
fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Last read book on top of list

I borrowed a mates Kindle 2 and when you read a book, if you hit HOME key then that book was on top of the list.

With my Kindle 3 ( 3.02, jailbreak, SS ) it doesn't work ( By Most Recent First selected ) . I've even tried a factory reset and reload .....

Does it just work differently on the K3 or am I doing something wrong
fidjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Works fine on my K3. Mine is stock though.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
It works great for me too. Even the last collection that was open is at the top of the list
I have the books that I am reading on at this time in a Collection (Now Reading) and I keep it at the top of the list then in the collection the last opened is on the top of the collection. And I have 3.0.2
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Turn on the wireless and sync.
After lengthy periods of time without connecting, the time/date can get of out whack. The same thing happened to me several times on my K2.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
fidjit
fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I've just looked at the files.

All the files I've loaded on say 29 October 2010 10:29 pm, about the time I used Calibre to load all the books.

If I look at the book I just read the time stamp is 29 October 2010 1:15 pm

So this explains why it's showing as last on the list !!!

Have tried syncing both via 3G and Wifi from home, but it's still persisting.........

I'll try again tomorrow and see if that fixes.......
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All the files I've loaded on say 29 October 2010 10:29 pm, about the time I used Calibre to load all the books.
I hope you mean "September" and you're not posting on this forum from the future!

It sounds like a time zone thing. Do you have a Wifi only K3? If so, you should have an option in the settings to set your correct time zone. 3G versions pick up the timezone from the cell towers they connect to.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
fidjit

Sorry, should have given more detail

International 3G being used in Australia.

I've tried resyncing with both wireless and 3g and setting the time manually but still not quite right.

I've got it charging completely right now and we'll see how it goes in 24 hours time....

And either I meant September or October.......fire up the time flux capacitor Marty........
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
fidjit

Hokay, yes it's a Kindle Time Stamp issue.

If I factory reset, sync, it's telling me it's 28/9/2010 11:01 am when in Aus it's acutally 29/9/2010 9:02 am.

So files synced with Amazon are fine because they all think they're from 28/9 but if I drop stuff down from Calibre they're time stamped 29/9 ( looking at the time stamp on the .mbp file which I assume keeps the page up to details etc ).

I've mucked about with auto time and manual time to no avail, still bringing wrong time .

I'm guessing/hoping it should fix itself up in a couple of days one way or the other.....
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Im in Australia too and I do not have this problem. Im wondering if you had registered yourself as a US candidate, and that they are giving you a time and date from the US instead of Australia's?

edit: also, check if your selection is on last book read on the 2nd to top right hand corner? I have set mine on collections. So I don't need to look at unsorted books.

Last edited by estrial; 09-28-2010 at 08:25 PM.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
fidjit

I MIGHT have accidently registered it to an account with US set as the country originally.......'

But I would have thought multiple hard resets would have fixed that.

And from what I can gather should take the time/date from the 3G tower.

I've tried changing 3G provider ( alt 311 from settings screen ), but doesn't make a difference...

Bamboozled.......

Is there anywhere on the Kindle I can see what date and time it reckons it is rather than keep having to plug in and look at time stamps on the .mbp files ????

( Oh and the time zone is -22 hours which doesn't actually match with anywhere !?! )
Old 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I MIGHT have accidently registered it to an account with US set as the country originally.......

But I would have thought multiple hard resets would have fixed that.
Actually the setting is saved on your Amazon Kindle account page -- and wouldn't be affected by hard resets at all. You need to change your country setting on the account page at Amazon.com.

Quote:
Is there anywhere on the Kindle I can see what date and time it reckons it is rather than keep having to plug in and look at time stamps on the .mbp files ????
Click the 'Menu' button and look at the top of the screen.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-28-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
Vighnahara
Vighnahara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
LOL oh THAT'S what "Most Recent First" means! haha I seriously thought it meant the books I loaded on there most recently, and I was wondering why THAT didn't work!
Vighnahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
fidjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Actually the setting is saved on your Amazon Kindle account page -- and wouldn't be affected by hard resets at all. You need to change your country setting on the account page at Amazon.com.

Click the 'Menu' button and look at the top of the screen.
Hokay , after trying various things it appears to have fixed itself. ( No idea if it's something I did or not )

FYI if you want to know the time/date your kindle 3 is set to do a search and put in @time. Gives you the date and time and timezone

Thanks all