Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
My solution for keeping good quotes...

Hi all, I just bought my first Android tablet. I bought it so that I can read PDF files. I want to mainly read PDF e-books that are of interest to me and I want to highlight quotes that I think are really important or really valuable so I can view them at a later date.

I had been looking for a way to highlight quotes on my Android tablet and they needed to be un-editable so that I can't accidentally edit them. Someone gave me the idea of taking screenshots of the highlights i’ve made in e-books and then upload these images to a cloud service like Dropbox. Taking screenshots is perfect because I couldn’t edit the quotes that are in the screenshots.

I just wanted to know if anyone could recommend me an app to make this process easier or if they had a better solution than mine.

Thanks!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Could someone please move this thread to 'Workshop'?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
Someone gave me the idea of taking screenshots of the highlights i’ve made in e-books and then upload these images to a cloud service like Dropbox. Taking screenshots is perfect because I couldn’t edit the quotes that are in the screenshots.
For starters I would recommend keeping them on Evernote. Evernote is better for searches and ogranization. With evernote it OCR the text so you can search for it at a latter date. Evernote also has tags so you can create tags for books and quotes to refine your searches and views.

Also evernote does have some image editing apps. It's caled Skitch, Snap, Mark. It use to be called Sketch it and was made for drawing, but now it looks like Evernote has serioulsly updated it to do just what you need it for.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
For starters I would recommend keeping them on Evernote. Evernote is better for searches and ogranization. With evernote it OCR the text so you can search for it at a latter date. Evernote also has tags so you can create tags for books and quotes to refine your searches and views.

Also evernote does have some image editing apps. It's caled Skitch, Snap, Mark. It use to be called Sketch it and was made for drawing, but now it looks like Evernote has serioulsly updated it to do just what you need it for.

=X=
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Does anyone else have advice for my solution for saving important quotes from ebooks?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What exactly are you looking for???? And why here, in this subforum?

You've opened a similar thread in the General Discussion part and you got some good answers there; a kind moderator moved this thread to the Android part - where you should receive the best advice app-wise - but you insisted on bringing it back to the Workshop subforum. But this subforum here is intended for all things around creating ebooks.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote