Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
smunchy
smunchy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Angry Can someone help me please

This morning I uploaded a book to my PRS-505, it did that ok. I then disconnected the reader and found the book on the reader, it said formatting a long the bottom of the screen. When it finished formatting i then went back to the main menu screen and now it wont do anything...I've had it plugged in to my AC power charger so I know the battery isnt flat, I've tried pressing the reset button on the back but nothing has worked......I've even tried plugging it in to my USB port in the hope it might jump start it. But nothing has worked......I dont know what to do........
smunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
When you press the reset button, then toggle the power switch...this should reset your reader.

Something to consider is the program and format (lrf, epub) of the book. If it's an lrf book, use the Sony software to load it on your device.

I hope this helps!
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, I had a weird problem with my 505 over the weekend. It went dead and wouldn't do anything. Nothing worked - blank screen. I plugged it in for 1/2 hour or so and it came back. It has worked normally since. I can only assume that battery had somehow drained and it was unresponsive til it got enough charge to work...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
smunchy
smunchy began at the beginning.

Thank you both for your responses........randomly i tried switching it off with the power slider button and it magically worked.....wierd.

Dieterpops - thanks for the advice on loading lrf's, it is the file type i had just uploaded to the device using Calibre - i will from now on use the sony software
smunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Ah, good!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
graydw57
graydw57 began at the beginning.

You need to remember this is an e-ink display. If you crash the thing then reset it,
it's actually sitting there turned off - but you can't tell, since there's no pilot light, and
the display won't change until you turn it on and the initialization code wakes up
and clears it, preparatory to putting up the splash screen.

Way different than an LCD display (yes, fooled me too at first.)
graydw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Many peeps on here recommend a very long continuous charge - overnight - if the reader seizes up. I've tried this, and it works.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote