Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
afsandiego
Enthusiast
afsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600 and iPhone 3GS
blank pages on a pdf book

Hi there guys, I just wanted to know if you guys have encountered blank pages on pdf, as in every pages, both on the ebook reader and the ebook library software? what causes that to happen?
afsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
It's the formating of a PDF, they suck someone will come along and tell you if it's fixable or not.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
dianabow1
dianabow1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Blank pages

Newbie here but we seem to be having the same problem. I have a PRS 505 with quite a few books on it, both purchased & freebies, that I've had no problems with. Tonight, I tried to load a PDF of a genealogy file & cannot see anything in the Digital Editions program or on the book. The information is definitely there in the original file, I can open the it from the disc & read it but only see blank pages elsewhere. When I copy it to Digital Editions, it does show the correct number of pages but they're all blank.

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone can come up with!
dianabow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
It might be because pages are compressed with JPEG2000 which is not supported by many ebook readers. Get Adobe Acrobat X and convert images to regular JPEG.
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:20 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
It might be because pages are compressed with JPEG2000 which is not supported by many ebook readers. Get Adobe Acrobat X and convert images to regular JPEG.
Last time I looked, Acrobat was a very, very expensive piece of software (as in "many hundreds of $"). That's an awfully expensive way to convert a book, don't you think?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2015, 05:32 AM   #6
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
But it is a working solution. If you have a cheaper one that works, it is of course preferable.
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Please pay attention to the date of a thread when posting. I doubt that dianabow1 has been diligently checking this thread for SIX YEARS waiting for your response.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote