Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #1111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has anyone installed 3.12.0 on a Touch?
I haven't gotten around to it. But, I tested all the betas on my Touch with no issues, so I am pretty sure there won't be a problem. If you do it on a Mark 3 Touch, models N905 and N905B, only copy the KoboRoot.tgz file to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:27 AM   #1112
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I installed it on a mark 4 Touch as soon as the update file was available, and it works ok for me. But I am not very demanding anyway.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2014, 05:49 PM   #1113
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
The 'very hard to name' release.
I'm done renaming this release. It's:

The Elongating Increasingly Annoying Mostly Inconsequential Thank-God-It's-Friday Obstinately Decreasingly Resigned Oh-so Continuingly Pish-Poshy Christmasy Finally-Updates-In-Australia Stubbornly Annotations-Still-Freeze Still As Yet Unnamed Soul-less Minimal Partridge-in-a-Pear-Tree #illridewithyou Slow I'm-finally-done-naming-this-release Release
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #1114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm done renaming this release. It's:

The Elongating Increasingly Annoying Mostly Inconsequential Thank-God-It's-Friday Obstinately Decreasingly Resigned Oh-so Continuingly Pish-Poshy Christmasy Finally-Updates-In-Australia Stubbornly Annotations-Still-Freeze Still As Yet Unnamed Soul-less Minimal Partridge-in-a-Pear-Tree #illridewithyou Slow I'm-finally-done-naming-this-release Release
I have to say, the part about 3.12.0 freezing is not correct. My H2O has not once frozen. So please take that incorrect part out of the title.

And besides, the proper name for 3.12.0 is Ralph.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #1115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have to say, the part about 3.12.0 freezing is not correct. My H2O has not once frozen. So please take that incorrect part out of the title.
The bit is "Annotations-Still-Freeze". I still see this a lot on my Glo. It usually happens when start the selection from near the right edge of the screen and drag my finger left. It doesn't show anything on the screen but doesn't respond. Closing the cover and waiting for it to go to sleep usually fixes it.
Advert
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #1116
Alastair_S
Zealot
Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alastair_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Yes, on a N905C. It works but the text on the charging and charged screen is mangled (and also on the processing content screen - edit).

Last edited by Alastair_S; 01-06-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Alastair_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:17 AM   #1117
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_S View Post
Yes, on a N905C. It works but the text on the charging and charged screen is mangled.
Same on the Mini.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #1118
kbal
kbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch C
Fullscreen

Hi,
is there a way to get rid of the annoyingly large footer on my N905C FW 3.11)?

I have a few epubs converted from cbr, and lower part of the comic is covered by the footer
kbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #1119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbal View Post
Hi,
is there a way to get rid of the annoyingly large footer on my N905C FW 3.11)?

I have a few epubs converted from cbr, and lower part of the comic is covered by the footer
You can add the "FullScreenReading" option into the config file and then turn the full screen reading in the settings. This removes the bottom footer in all books.

But, you have something wrong in your conversion. The footer does not cover any of the book. It is outside the viewing area of the book. If there are bits of the image missing from the page, then my guess would be that something is wrong with how the image size is defined in the book.

And, why are you converting the CBR to ePub? From what I can see, the handling of CBR and CBZ is good enough converting to ePub is not needed. The only issue I can think of is that FW 3.11.0 and earlier has a problem with the order of the images if there are directories. This was fixed in FW3.12.0. While Kobo haven't release this for the Touch, there are no problems with running it on the Touch. Just install the Mark4 package.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 PM   #1120
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
I get freezing all the time on my Glo. So There!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:17 AM   #1121
kbal
kbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy bluekbal can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can add the "FullScreenReading" option into the config file and then turn the full screen reading in the settings. This removes the bottom footer in all books.

But, you have something wrong in your conversion. The footer does not cover any of the book. It is outside the viewing area of the book. If there are bits of the image missing from the page, then my guess would be that something is wrong with how the image size is defined in the book.

And, why are you converting the CBR to ePub? From what I can see, the handling of CBR and CBZ is good enough converting to ePub is not needed. The only issue I can think of is that FW 3.11.0 and earlier has a problem with the order of the images if there are directories. This was fixed in FW3.12.0. While Kobo haven't release this for the Touch, there are no problems with running it on the Touch. Just install the Mark4 package.
I was looking into that, but there is no FeatureSettings in \.kobo\Kobo eReader.conf? Where do I add this line?

I was converting cbzs to epubs, because I found a good app that compresses, trims and such (scanned comics). But now I'm using KindleComicConverter, and it does the about the same with cbz output.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #1122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbal View Post
I was looking into that, but there is no FeatureSettings in \.kobo\Kobo eReader.conf? Where do I add this line?
The "FeatureSettings" section has to be added. So, you need to add:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true
If you are doing this on a Windows machine, make sure you use a Linux line-aware editor.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:57 AM   #1123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The "FeatureSettings" section has to be added. So, you need to add:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true
If you are doing this on a Windows machine, make sure you use a Linux line-aware editor.
Use Notepad++
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #1124
kbal

Thank you guys!

1. Made a backup image and cloned it on a 16GB sdcard (resized partition of course)
2. Updated to 3.12
3. Added FullScreenReading=true then enabled it
4. profit

I hate wasting 10% of a 6'' screen.

PS: Notepad++ is the only thing I ever use
Old 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #1125
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:

And besides, the proper name for 3.12.0 is Ralph.
Actually your incorrect the proper name for 3.12.0 is RALPHIE

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote