Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #736
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I took a look at the code, since tompe mentioned my name. I think that a mobipocket file with a MOBI header length of 0 is a bad mobipocket file.

The error message is because it's assumed that the header length is at least 0x74 bytes, and that line is trying to set a flag in the 71-74 bytes of the zero-length header. Whoops. Probably the code should be sanity checking the header length and failing more gracefully.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
MOBIHEADER length: 0
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #737
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I hope this is the right place for this query...Can anyone direct me toward instructions for using the Windows executables for the Mobiperl tools? Something is going very very wrong when I try it on my WinXP system.

I downloaded and unzipped mobiperl-win-0.0.41.zip. When I click on mobi2html.exe, a window appears, shows a message (looks like usage description and list of options), and then vanishes before I can read it all. Dragging and dropping a non-DRM Mobipocket file from the Baen Free Library onto the mobi2html.exe icon also causes a window to appear with a different message (I saw the book title and author in there); that window also vanishes within a few seconds. No .html file appears.

Do I need to install something else to make mobi2html work?
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 PM   #738
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Open a command prompt (aka "DOS window") and run it from there.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #739
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Open a command prompt (aka "DOS window") and run it from there.
A big thank you for the help! That works perfectly. (I should've thought of trying a command prompt... )

This tool is going to be incredibly useful, I can see. I usually download Baen books as .rtf, but the ones with pictures take forever over my dialup connection. Much quicker to get the .prc's and convert them.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #740
Schulze
Schulze began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Hello,

I just tried to change some data in my .mobi files using mobi2mobi so that my BeBook displays the correct titles. It worked really fine, but there is one problem: German umlauts are not shown properly. Is there a way to enter those special characters in way they are accepted?

Thanks in advance,
Schulze
Schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #741
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
Hello,
I just tried to change some data in my .mobi files using mobi2mobi so that my BeBook displays the correct titles. It worked really fine, but there is one problem: German umlauts are not shown properly. Is there a way to enter those special characters in way they are accepted?
Well, I think it works if you use ISO 8859-1 to input them. Maybe I should test...

I just tested on a Linux machine and using ISO 8859-1 it worked adding the title "Wåäö" with --title "Wåäö".
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 AM   #742
Schulze
Schulze began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, I think it works if you use ISO 8859-1 to input them.
Thank you for answering so quickly.

As a newbie, I need a little additional help: How do I use ISO 8859-1 for input? I found no help file or explanation to mobi2mobi, so perhaps you can give me a link or hint where I could learn the details about the tool. I am using mobi2mobi_GUI.exe under Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Schulze
Schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #743
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
As a newbie, I need a little additional help: How do I use ISO 8859-1 for input? I found no help file or explanation to mobi2mobi, so perhaps you can give me a link or hint where I could learn the details about the tool. I am using mobi2mobi_GUI.exe under Windows XP.
I really do not know how character sets works in Windows. The problem might be that another character set is used and mobi2mobi assumes that the input is ISO 8859-1.

You can always just test to run mobi2mobi in a cmd window to see if this work or not.

mobi2mobi documentation is here:

https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/tomp...mobi2mobi.html
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #744
frandav
frandav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
Hi. I have a problem with this tool that I haven't been able to fix. I take a prc file as input and modify the title and author name. When I open the file in my Iliad I only see the title not the author name. I've tried both ways (last,first - first last) but the problem persists. I've also tried to change the author name using the exth field, but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
frandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #745
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frandav View Post
Hi. I have a problem with this tool that I haven't been able to fix. I take a prc file as input and modify the title and author name. When I open the file in my Iliad I only see the title not the author name. I've tried both ways (last,first - first last) but the problem persists. I've also tried to change the author name using the exth field, but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
What is the exact command line you are using? Do you have the problem for all files?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #746
frandav
frandav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
Well, I'm using the GUI, but I've found the solution. Like I said, after transfering the file to the Iliad I only see the title, but after opening it and closing, voila!. Now I see Title and Author. I've noted that this happens because upon opening the book the Iliad creates a directory containing files related to it.
Thanks, anyway.
frandav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #747
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
problem with mobi2html.exe

Ok, I downloaded the mobiperl-win-0.0.41.zip, expanded it in a subdir. 'mobiperl', looked at the directions to use mobi2html.exe and tried it:

mobi2html.exe "Tarzan of the Apes.mobi" unpack --mobihtml

also tried various different options in place of the --mobihtml. It provides an impressive list of what the script has done and every time I get a new file in the upack subdir named "Tarzan of the Apes. html". BUT the html file is always 1 kb in size and there is onlly a single short line of text in the file! What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #748
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Ok, I downloaded the mobiperl-win-0.0.41.zip, expanded it in a subdir. 'mobiperl', looked at the directions to use mobi2html.exe and tried it:

mobi2html.exe "Tarzan of the Apes.mobi" unpack --mobihtml

also tried various different options in place of the --mobihtml. It provides an impressive list of what the script has done and every time I get a new file in the upack subdir named "Tarzan of the Apes. html". BUT the html file is always 1 kb in size and there is onlly a single short line of text in the file! What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Bob
Is it possible that this is an encrypted file?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #749
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is it possible that this is an encrypted file?

BOb
Sounds like that but strange that the html file was not empty.

mobi2mobi on the file can give some more information.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #750
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or high compression
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils