Notices

Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Bookpac - new Berlin based e-book company gearing up

Another interesting piece of news via the Yahoo Librie Group:

"Bookpac is a Berlin-based company developing and trading eBook hard- and software for the German market.
We are a university spin-off and our enthusiastic staff have a strong research background as well as tight relationships to academic communities in Berlin and elsewhere."

For those of you who speak German, visit the site now and take part in a survey about the German e-book market, and you'll be given the chance to win some Amazon voucher.

For more information read Bookpac's Mission Statement.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I read the mission statement of the website.
In my opinion, the project sounds/looks like a Germany/English version Librie?
Because of electronic paper, search & notes (by the keyboard of Librie), bookmark, music. Librie is able to provide above function. (the picture also shows the Librie)
I hope they can develop a LRF generator with TOC edit function and unicode support for CJK fonts (tranditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Japanese...)

EDIT:
MAYBE I AM WRONG...
Maybe a new ebook reader?

Last edited by segatang; 08-22-2006 at 11:17 AM.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
link prob

Alex, you misspelled the link, not a biggie, though.

Bookpac is planning the producton for the middle of 2007. Their questionnaire was definitely targeted at ebook virgins - what they really wanted to know was: how much would you be willing to pay for content and for an eInk device (options for three diferent display dimensions), and would you prefer to buy it preloaded or free of content (the examples definitely geared towards lawyers and health professionals).

The other questions were more or less rhetorical: importance of battery life, support, ease of use, etc.

Hmm, I'm not to impressed
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:47 AM   #4
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor

Hi Guys I'm being dumb can someone point out where I've mispelled something.

thx
Old 08-22-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The sites called bookpac.com
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks guys. I've fixed the link and the name. Should be okay now. Of course, I'd get much more from the site if I still remembered some of my German from grad school!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #7
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor

English version of the Survey now available.

http://www.bookpac.com/survey_en.html