Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Samsung Announces Galaxy Tab 3 7"

Quote:
SEOUL, Korea, April 29, 2013 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, today announced the introduction of the GALAXY Tab 3 - 7-inch tablet featuring sleek design and enhanced capabilities that bring capabilities that bring better performance and multimedia experiences to your fingertips.

With the new GALAXY Tab 3, Samsung has evolved its range of innovative tablets, making them smaller and easier to carry, while increasing the user experience overall.

The GALAXY Tab 3 7-inch WiFi version will be available globally beginning May and 3G version will follow in June. The product availability varies by market and will be rolled out gradually.
Galaxy Tab 3 vs Galaxy Tab 2
  • Op Sys: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean --- 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core --- 1.0GHz dual-core
  • RAM: 1GB --- 1GB
  • Storage: 8GB or 16GB --- 8GB
  • mSD Slot: up to 64GB --- up to 32GB
  • Display: 7" TFT (PLS) --- 7" TFT (PLS)
  • Resolution: 1024x600 (169 PPI) --- 1024x600 (169 PPI)
  • Video Play: 1080p @ 30fps --- 1080p @ 30fps
  • Rear Cam: 3MP --- 3MP
  • Front Cam: 1.3MP --- 0.3MP
  • WiFi: dual band --- single band
  • 3G: yes --- yes
  • Bluetooth 3.0: yes -- yes
  • USB 2.0 Host: yes --- yes
  • GPS: yes --- yes
  • Size: 7.4" x 4.4" x 0.39" --- 7.6" x 4.8" x 0.41"
  • Weight: 10.7oz --- 12.2oz
  • Battery: 4,000 mAh --- 4,000 mAh
  • Price: ??? --- $200

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They've got to be kidding?! These specs are so yesterday.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No mention of price or (more importantly) battery life.

And only a 1024x600 pixel screen? Ouch.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
No mention of price or (more importantly) battery life.

And only a 1024x600 pixel screen? Ouch.
If it is going to be cheap it might be ok. Lower pixel density usually means lower energy consumption and heating.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
It seems Samsung wants to do everything that everyone else is doing alongwith galaxy note
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Seriously?? I'm not impressed! Only very slightly better than Tab 2, so unless price is really low I can't see it making it very well.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Not impressed at all. The display at 1024x600 is very disappointing.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Even at $99 it would a stretch to buy this. But it has a higher DPI that some other 7.x fondleslab that sells for a premium.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Even at $99 it would a stretch to buy this. But it has a higher DPI that some other 7.x fondleslab that sells for a premium.
I think it will be sub $200, maybe even at the $169 level that I believe HP announced.

Truthfully it would do me fine. My lady friend has taken over my 7Plus Cadillac that one of my sons gave me a couple of years ago.
He asked me how the remote TV controller function worked, and I had to admit, I had no idea.

In the same vein, I went to a funeral of an old service friend a few months ago, and a member of the deceased's family was taking pictures during the service with an iPad, which I was kinda surprised at. Truly, it looked strange like holding up a dinner plate at arms length.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Not impressed at all. The display at 1024x600 is very disappointing.
Agreed. This doesn't do anything for me.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Maybe they had a warehouse full of antiquated parts they needed to liquidate.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Maybe they had a warehouse full of antiquated parts they needed to liquidate.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #13
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I think it will be sub $200, maybe even at the $169 level that I believe HP announced.

Truthfully it would do me fine. My lady friend has taken over my 7Plus Cadillac that one of my sons gave me a couple of years ago.
He asked me how the remote TV controller function worked, and I had to admit, I had no idea.
You would be better served with a Nexus 7, or its replacement, which the rumour mill says will be announced shortly.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #14
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You would be better served with a Nexus 7, or its replacement, which the rumour mill says will be announced shortly.
Not if support for removable media or docking keyboard are important.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #15
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
This has to be a joke. Either they are aiming for the developing world market or they want to make it a sub-$100 tablet. Either way, a huge disappointment , similar to Galaxy Note 8.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote