Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My very favorite childhood book, Black Beauty, is on the free blog.

My mom used it to trick me into learning to read. It had this beautiful black horse running through golden leaves on the cover. I kept it on the table beside my bed so that i could look at it every night when I was going to sleep. I wanted to read that book so badly that I learned how to read. I gave up precious daylight play time to work on reading, sitting on my Granny's screen porch and sounding out words.

When I was 8 yrs old, I got to ride the black horse at my cousin's farm. It kicked me in the leg, but I barely noticed in all of the excitement. And i learned from that Black Beauty to never walk up behind a horse.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #17
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The Great Brain isn't on that list

I had always assumed the series had rightfully achieved classic status, but I guess it's really more of a hidden treasure.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
[video]
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
This is the title of a book I saw at Indigo the other day. Complete list of the mentioned titles here and I just did a blog post where I linked to the nearly 100 that are in the public domain.

Some of the books chosen were a little more obscure, some quite predictable (Beatrix Potter, Harry Potter etc.) And some were just odd. Aresene Lupin is a children's story? Really?

Overall though, not a bad list. And as I said, almost 100 of them are available for free...
# Twilight===Stephenie Meyer

What? That's not what I'd call a children's book.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I suppose I have a real problem with authority, because when I see these "must read" lists I want to thumb my nose at them.
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Hmm?? "The Catcher in the Rye"? "Lord of the Flies"? "Twilight"?????

Some odd entries...
Gotta agree, definitely not children's books IMO
Old 02-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
# Twilight===Stephenie Meyer

What? That's not what I'd call a children's book.
Call the list "1001 Juvenile/YA Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up" and the inclusion makes more sense.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Call the list "1001 Juvenile/YA Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up" and the inclusion makes more sense.
______
Dennis
I'd agree there.