Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
RajPatel
RajPatel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
Thumbs down Purchased book not showing up in library

Hi all,

I purchased a digital college textbook yesterday and downloaded the Kobo Desktop application as well as the iOS app for the iPad, but the book will not show up in either libraries. I have tried repeatedly clicking sync on the desktop app and bookmarking page 1 from my purchased items, all to no avail.

I've also kept trying to download the book from the purchased items list, but every time I do so, I get the error message: "The requested eBook title cannot be downloaded at this time due to difficulty in communicating with the retail site. Please try again later."

Can anyone help me out with this matter? I'm starting to wish I purchased the book off Amazon instead, but they do not carry the digital version and I do need access to the book rather soon.

Thanks.

Last edited by RajPatel; 08-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
RajPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
What's the URL for the book on our website?
My guess is that it's a PDF file, and they do not automatically appear in the library on the iOS app.

You'd need to get the Adobe version of the file if it is a PDF and get it into the app. It sounds as though you have been doing that via the blue Adobe button on the "I'm Reading" list on the website. It is possible there is a limit on the number of times you can download the file from there, which might be the reason for the error.

The best thing to do would be to contact our customer care team by logging a ticket here: http://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/lanpag
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
RajPatel
RajPatel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
The title of the book is Introduction to Sociology (Ninth Edition), here is the link for it: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/boo...g&PageNumber=1

I am not sure what the file type is, as I did not see it specified anywhere. I even tried to see if it was saved anywhere under my documents, but it was not.

Any help please? I will go ahead and contact the support team if it cannot be resolved here.
RajPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Rajpatel: All this forum can do is give you ideas, not solutions. We do NOT replace official Kobo support in any way, shape or form. Go the route Sharkus suggested.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The blank area under "READ THIS ON" usually means it's a PDF which AFAIK can only be downloaded from the library on the website and not into Kobo apps or AFAIK onto Kobo devices directly. Need Adobe Digital Editions to download and of course a working server on their end.

IIRC someone else (crich?) recently posted that they had bought a PDF book from Kobo and couldn't get it to download. Kobo ended up claiming the book wouldn't download due to formatting problems and issued him a credit.

EDIT: Here's the thread I was thinking of...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244330

Last edited by AnemicOak; 08-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert