Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Roberta Carrota
Roberta Carrota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Using regular expressions to remove Numbers at beginning of titles

Just imported a number of old files I had numbered sequentially with the numbers at the beginning of the titles. With Calibre those aren't necessary since the "series" field can handle them and they mess up the alphabetical ordering.

Is there a way to remove those using a regular expression? For example there is a series of books such as

01 title of book a
02 Title of book b

and so on. I'd like to get rid of the first 3 characters in each for all of them at once. I could edit them individually, but that takes a lot of time.

Any help would be appreciated.
Roberta Carrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
\d+ will match the numbers and I think \s+ the space.

Not at my computer so can't try it.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
\d+ will match the numbers and I think \s+ the space.

Not at my computer so can't try it.

Helen
Looks good to me
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Roberta Carrota
Roberta Carrota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks to both of you. I'll try them out and see what happens.
Roberta Carrota is offline   Reply With Quote