Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
mrmikey
mrmikey began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Remove converted books but not delete

Hi,
First post so be gentle , I have looked for an answer but didn't find anything.
I have a lot of books, most I've gotten in different formats, .mobi, .txt etc so I'll convert them to .epub in Calibre, adding covers, cleaning up titles etc and then put them on my Kobo Glo.
After reading, I'll delete them from my KOBO so I don't have a lot of books to wade thru.
What I want to do as well as remove them from my reader, is also remove them from Calibre (or at least have them not show up) but not get rid of them. My daughter sometimes reads the same type of book so I want to hang onto the already read books in case she decides to have a look at what I have.
What is the safest/easiest way to do this and keep all my changes......Mike
mrmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Since you say you want to keep the books around that implies that you cannot actually delete them.

What might satisfy your requirements is to;
- add a tag to identify books to be hidden.
- set up a Saved Search to only show books without that tag
- set the Saved Search as a restriction so that you normally do not see such books.

You can always cancel the restriction if you want to make such books visible again.

The only other option would be to save books outside the Calibre library so you can delete Calibre's copy.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Or create another Calibre library, call it "Read" or something like that, and "Copy to Library (delete after copy)" those books you don't want in your main list any more. They'll be moved to the new library and deleted from that one.

I have several Calibre libraries for different books. I've never had any trouble switching around when I need to.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
mrmikey
mrmikey began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Yours sounds like the solution DuskyRose, thank's....Mike
mrmikey is offline   Reply With Quote