Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
randomguy631
randomguy631 began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre help

I have tried several times to download Calibre, but when I click on the set-up
icon, a pop up box opens with a traveling indicator, this runs briefly and then
another small pop up box appears, which says a newer version of Calibre is
already installed. I've never used it on this device before. After clicking OK, the Calibre install wizard box appears with the message: calibre Setup Wizard ended prema-turely at the top and then a longer message reading: ...because of an error.
Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time,
run Set-up Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Set-up Wizard.

i dont get it i have it on my home computer and it works great....ive numerous things but i got nothing helping..anyone?
randomguy631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You left out sooo much needed information

What is the 'Device'? Calibre only runs on Windows, MAC and Linux PC's (notebooks)

What OS?

It appears you have a prior 'failed' or incorrectly removed Calibre instal
Without knowing the OS, we can't give you specific places to look
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
randomguy631

sorry windows 7 64 bit home version...
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy631 View Post
sorry windows 7 64 bit home version...
What is interesting is that it says a Newer version is installed. 8.69 is the current. check you MSI filename
It is possible, you have corruption in your registry see http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id53

When Calibre installs, it creates a User configuration that survives un-installs (you don't lose settings or Library locations that way and different users could have different settings).

You do need Admin rights to install Calibre.
Go to Add/remove programs and Uninstall any Calibre found there.

then go to
Code:
C:\Users\<your user ID>\Roaming
And delete the calibre folder < this is all the settings and Calibre plugins you have ever installed. They will be Gone

(I would try all the solutions in the FAQ before resorting to the rest)

now
Go to
Code:
C:\Program files(x86)\
and delete the Calibre2 folder << It is important that you uninstall before deleting
or the registry will still think you have Calibre
Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
randomguy631

ok cool im gonna try when i get home i hope it works...thanx alot
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
randomguy631

alright did all of the above....no calibre files any where ..this is so aggravating
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
alright did all of the above....no calibre files any where ..this is so aggravating
did you check in Hidden files and folders?

Also if you feel comfortable: Run Regedit and search for: calibre
see if anything other than 'Recent' types come up.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
randomguy631

still nada as far as checking regedit its not my lap top.....running out of options am i
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
still nada as far as checking regedit its not my lap top.....running out of options am i
Delete the msi and redownload the file from either calibre's site or sourceforge and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
The Laptop may be just too locked down and the Message is bogus because of it
Try Calibre Portable. No install needed, just a flash/portable drive needed
Old 09-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
randomguy631

doctor did that..nothing..............there has to be away ,,,,
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
doctor did that..nothing..............there has to be away ,,,,
Do what theducks says and download the portable version. The portable version does not need to be run from a flash drive. I use the portable version and have it on my local c:\ drive.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
randomguy631

way to go doctorohh ..................money...works good so far...portable and functional ...love it
thanx to both of u ....good forum ...good people