Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Candy is also available on Fictionwise, so there is absolutely no reason at all to withdraw the nomination! And the suggestion to do so kind of p****s me off! Serioulsy, one simple Google search and I found it!

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b2...l-Kenton/?si=0
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #32
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
His last book sounds interesting so I also second Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

And Candy I will second as well or nominate.

Last edited by hpulley; 01-21-2012 at 10:54 AM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
So PDF books are no good? In that case I withdraw Candy by Maxwell Kenton.
This can be nominated. Do you wish to second or renominate it? I have your name with a "?" in the []'s next to it in the second post.

Nominations have been updated to this point.

REMINDER: This thread is for nominations only - this thread is NOT a general Book Club discussion thread NOR one for being negative about another member's nomination just because you don't like it....

My understanding from this year's discussion, is that discussions/changes etc., on this year's Book Club is complete and the 2013 Book Club year will be open for discussion/changes toward the end of 2012.

If I am incorrect, please send me a PM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #34
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I second (or third -whatever...) Candy
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #35
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I second Outlander. I've been meaning to read it for a while, this would kickstart me.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #36
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
This can be nominated. Do you wish to second or renominate it? I have your name with a "?" in the []'s next to it in the second post.

Nominations have been updated to this point.
Since there appear to be interest in it I will rescind my withdrawal of my nomination of Candy. ? And hpulley & Asawi makes three?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
REMINDER: This thread is for nominations only - this thread is NOT a general Book Club discussion thread NOR one for being negative about another member's nomination just because you don't like it....

My understanding from this year's discussion, is that discussions/changes etc., on this year's Book Club is complete and the 2013 Book Club year will be open for discussion/changes toward the end of 2012.

If I am incorrect, please send me a PM.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 01-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #37
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I will use up my nominations first by providing the third for The Age of Innocence as it is part of my Calibre library priority list.

I will second Ripping the Bodice simply because when I think of the romance novel category the expression “bodice rippers” comes to my mind.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #38
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I will second Remember When. I love J.D. Robb, and the Eve Dallas books!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #39
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I second Ripping the Bodice.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I second Ripping the Bodice.
You mean third?

Hamlet already seconded.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Which post? Never mind. I see it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #42
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

So why was my vote for Candy removed? I can't nominate, withdraw nomination, and then vote for it when someone else nominates it?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #43
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'll nominate I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith.

Quote:
I Capture the Castle tells the story of seventeen-year-old Cassandra and her family, who live in not-so-genteel poverty in a ramshackle old English castle. Here she strives, over six turbulent months, to hone her writing skills. She fills three notebooks with sharply funny yet poignant entries. Her journals candidly chronicle the great changes that take place within the castle's walls, and her own first descent into love. By the time she pens her final entry, she has "captured the castle"— and the heart of the reader— in one of literature's most enchanting entertainments.
Spoiler:
It is available here.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #44
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'll nominate I Capture The Castle by Dodie Smith.

It is available here.
Which says: "No formats available for this country
[United States]
and currency
[$USD].
"
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #45
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Ooh, I second I Capture the Castle, a lovely cult favorite.

And I'll third Outlander.

ETA: I thought Candy was fully nominated. Hamlet53 reinstated his nomination when Jon was shown to be wrong about format.

ETA2: A book only needs to be available as an ebook somewhere. Let's not be Yankocentric.

Last edited by issybird; 01-21-2012 at 06:48 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote