Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
Turner
Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: none
Free novel [DRM-free, multiple formats] Turner [horror/thriller]

Hi everyone,

I have generated a coupon for Smashwords making my novel free until 31st December 2011.

The book can be found at: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/109350
Coupon Code: MN94R

"An isolated Welsh island seems the ideal place for four unconnected individuals to seek refuge from their own demons and to escape from the rat race. However on Ynys Diawl they face a night of horror and madness. If they don't work together none of them will see the light of day."

The novel is a labour of love, a homage to classic horror tropes, written by hand on an island with no electricity. My blog has further details via the tag for the novel. There is a video of my talk about the genesis of the novel here.

If you make use of the code and like the novel I would be extremely grateful if you could post a review or rate it. It seems to be difficult to get started without at least a few good (and genuine) reviews! Or maybe even buy a copy for a friend!

Many thanks and happy reading,
Karl Drinkwater
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Thanks, just got it!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Turner
Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.Turner for a long time would go to bed early.

I hope you ejoy it, Pablo. To my mind this is the ideal time of year to read this kind of book, ideally wrapped up warm with some cocoa while a storm rages outside! Cofion, Karl
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner View Post
I hope you ejoy it, Pablo. To my mind this is the ideal time of year to read this kind of book, ideally wrapped up warm with some cocoa while a storm rages outside! Cofion, Karl
Not in my case.... I live in the southern hemisfere!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Turner

That does ruin it somewhat!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks Karl, I picked up a copy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thank you. It sounds a bit like Christie's 10 little indians (in that there is murder on an island). It sounds like a good read.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #8
MrKyle
Writer
MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrKyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
HI! I skipped over your generous free novel and bought it on the Amazon market. It sounds like my kind of book. I'll leave more helpful feedback when I finish. Thanks again for being a writer.
MrKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 AM   #9
Turner

Thanks caleb72 and crich70. Christie was probably one of the few things that wasn't a direct influence, but if you spotted that then I'll be interested to see what other references you find within the novel. I'll probably do a blog post at some point listing all the ones I consciously included.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #10
Turner

Many thanks MrKyle, you're a gentleman! At the moment every sale brings a smile to my face. MrKarl