Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Formatting bug with three periods (...) in text

I've noticed recently that anytime there are three adjacent periods in an Epub file that they are spaced considerably wider than you might expect. And the last one and a half, two or three characters on the line are truncated/missing/lost due to lack of room.

This problem might be new in 1.9.9 or maybe not. I did notice it a week or two ago but didn't realize at the time that there were three periods in a row in the text.

However one particular book I was just reading uses this occasionally where I noticed the cause. Specifically Do Unto Others by Michael Z Williamson published by Baen.

Although I suspect you could repro this yourself by creating a few paragraphs in an RTF file, converting it to Epub format using Calibre and upload it to your device.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote