Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #31
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yeah, but why would you do that? I mean what you currently do manually, Lemon does automatically -- including forwarding the story to your Kindle. If you really wanted to you could simply connect your Kindle to the PC and start up Calibre and change the covers of the files on your Kindle; although this seems a bit useless, especially for fanfiction stories.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #32
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
I submitted another two ideas to the issues, this time about organizing the cache and emailing partial stories.

I need your email to be able to send you an AO3 invite, though you can also get one by giving them your email and waiting about 2 weeks. That's what I did.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #33
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Yeah, but why would you do that? I mean what you currently do manually, Lemon does automatically -- including forwarding the story to your Kindle. If you really wanted to you could simply connect your Kindle to the PC and start up Calibre and change the covers of the files on your Kindle; although this seems a bit useless, especially for fanfiction stories.
From what I've read in other threads for a cover change to be perm. you have to do a mobi to mobi conversion otherwise it doesn't take. Or that's what I understood from what I read anyway. And the covers in Mobipocket Creator don't show the title of the Fan Fiction whereas the custom cover I made for my Fan Fics has the story/novel's title in clear letters. And I didn't want all the fics to be auto loaded to my Kindle at once either. And I like the simple, hands on approach.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #34
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey there pookakitten, just letting you know that your latest created issue has been resolved and that you are now able to directly review a chapter after having read it.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
pookakitten
Connoisseur

It's me again. I think I made a request and bitbucket lost it. In stories.ini, I'd like to see the story title. This will let me see which link corresponds to a story. Here's an example:

[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7267493/1/]
chapter = 43
status = In-Progress
title = Promises
Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there, you can add these fields yourself for now, they shouldn't get deleted/modified when you run Lemon after that. My reason for not adding them was that the ConfigParser module had some issues with UTF-8 and that by adding the title field I would also be exposed to the choice of adding more besides that, e.g. the summary, the author etc.

If you want an alternative to Lemon check out FanFictionDownLoader, I just made a post there with some suggestions and hope to be able to eventually deprecate Lemon in favor for it.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #37
patriciaG
patriciaG began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello! I recently inherited a Kindle 3 and I'm an avid fanfiction reader. I don't know much about the script you made or how to install it and such so can you please give me a step by step procedure? Thank you very much!
patriciaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #38
pookakitten
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciaG View Post
Hello! I recently inherited a Kindle 3 and I'm an avid fanfiction reader. I don't know much about the script you made or how to install it and such so can you please give me a step by step procedure? Thank you very much!
Read the post above yours. I use FanFictionDownloader plugin for calibre and do all my updating automatically. It has so many sites available, so not just ff.net. You can use custom columns to keep track of complete/in progress, or many other things.

The plugin integrates with Read Later(?), so when I plug in my kindle, it automatically puts updated or new stories onto my reader.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
girlinstatic
girlinstatic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
When I run lemon it can't find any of the stories now, I wanted to grab updated chapters and can't
girlinstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there girlinstatic, simply follow pookakitten's advice and use the FanFictionDownLoader plugin for Calibre.

Tags
convert, download, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, kindle