Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Batteries for book light?

My book light that slips into the cover uses two lithium 3V CR2032 batteries, but I don't find it bright enough. I thought maybe the ones that came with it were past use by date so I bought some new ones, but it's still the same

Does anyone know if there's a stronger battery of the same size that I could use? The light is really quite dull.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Depends on how the device has been designed really; Assuming they are inserted into the light touching each-other (i.e series) as to form a battery.. You could try getting a few CR2016's, they are half the height of the CR2032s. LEDs don't love being over volted, so you may very well damage them.

First try with 2x 16+1x 32. If it's not enough, try with 4x.

Lastly, consider a different light, coin cells don't drive white leds very well, or need constant replacement.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks Serpentine. The battery holder only holds two of the CR2032 tightly so
I couldn't squeeze anymore in. I'm using a Kobo Touch and I love it, but it does
need extra lighting in certain conditions. I think a better light would be a bit
costly so I have to work out if it's worth it or not., or consider a Glo.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote