Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #76
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pysjai View Post
Many thanks for your advice. I haven't yet tried to convert non-MOBI/PRC files (I've downloaded quite a few free ebooks that are in pdf - so maybe I should delete these from my Cybook?), but have downloaded Creator. Also haven't tried importing new fonts. And, yes, my Cybook isVersion 1.2, Build 834.
You can easily convert other formats with the Mobipocket Reader for PC (just import them and it automatically converts to PRC). Some PDFs can cause problems on the CyBook, but if it's just eBooks (not documents with lots of pictures and tables) they convert nicely.

The fonts need to be put in the Fonts-directory on the CyBook (if you want/need to have italics and bold styles, you need all 4 different files for each font). If you want to try: I'm using Goudita Sans SF which you can find HERE.
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #77
pysjai
pysjai began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Many thanks. I've started reading my eBooks in Georgian rather than Verdana, and this has helped a lot - only an occasional freeze. Will have a go at converting pdf to prc soon.
pysjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #78
lightcap
lightcap began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus,Nexus 7,Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Hi

I don't know what else to try. I am going away for 3 weeks in a few days and desperately need my Cybook! Use it many hours every day.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I had the same problem and I'm afraid that the only solution was a replacement from Bookeen. They were very nice about the in-warranty swap for a new one, but the whole thing took about a month to wrap up as I shipped mine to them from the US to France on the cheap - overnight would have been a big chunk of what I paid for it in the first place.
lightcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #79
walpurgis
walpurgis began at the beginning.

Device: Nolimbook Plus
nolimbook doesn't recognise library

Hi there,
I bought a nolimbook from Carrefour ( bookeen cybook ) and it seemed to go fine. Then I bought a micro SD HC to increase capacity and included a lot of ebooks on epub format. The nolimbook crashed. I took out the micro SD (HC) and the nolimbook worked again with the content it had originally. But then out of the blue, the nolimbook doesn't show the library's content ( it appears as nothing available in library). I connect the nolimbook to the computer via usb and I can finf that the ebooks are there!
What's going on?
Big thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
Best, W

Last edited by walpurgis; 12-04-2013 at 02:30 PM.
walpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote