Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Dars Veider
Dars Veider began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet BQ Kepler
How to export settings to another computer?

Hi all.

Sorry, but I do not speak English, so I use Google Translator services.

Using Calibre for quite some time to organize my collection of ebooks from a laptop, keeping it constantly updated to its latest version.
Naturally, over time, I have been customizing their appearance, adding columns, changing colors, etc. And I've applied these changes to all my ebooks, which are many.

Now I installed the program to a desktop PC, but do not know how to import all the settings you made​​, both in caliber as in the books indexed in it.

Can you help me? Thank you.
Dars Veider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
stanmarsh
Enthusiast
stanmarsh began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy tab
hello,

im using calibre portable version so all settings are in one place
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_portable
stanmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
lbik
Reader
lbik doesn't litterlbik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle KB and Kindle Fire HD 8.9
To install Calibre on another computer, I install Calibre and after that I copy the Settings Folder to the new computer.
Almost everything is there but I miss 2 settings
- the Plugboards Metadata is empty
and
- The Column coloring ist missing. All columns are black

Are these settings stored on another place ?
lbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
column coloring settings are stored per library (i.e. in the metadata.db file of each calibre library, as different libraries can have different columns). I dont recall what the del with metadata plugboards is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
lbik
Reader
lbik doesn't litterlbik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle KB and Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Quote:
column coloring settings are stored per library (i.e. in the metadata.db file of each calibre library, as different libraries can have different columns). I dont recall what the del with metadata plugboards is.
OK, so column coloring ist clear.
The Plugboard Data was my foult. Sorry.
lbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbik View Post
To install Calibre on another computer, I install Calibre and after that I copy the Settings Folder to the new computer.
Almost everything is there but I miss 2 settings
- the Plugboards Metadata is empty
and
- The Column coloring ist missing. All columns are black

Are these settings stored on another place ?
Just where is the settings Folder. I have looked throughout the calibre folder and have not found it. Thanks,
Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@crutledge - in main GUI program (library manager) go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click Open configuration directory

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@crutledge,

When you tried to post, you should've seen the following warning:
Quote:
Old Thread Warning
This thread is quite old and may contain outdated information. We recommend that you begin a new discussion if you like to talk about a similar topic. Of course, you may also proceed and reply here.
Please do not perform acts of necromancy on an old thread without a very good reason.

From calibre 2.47, see: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another

This is a good example of when necrobumping an old thread results in discussion about something that is no longer an issue.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@eschwartz - knowing where one's property is is always an issue - whether it be a clean pair of underpants or the calibre configuration data. It belongs to me, or crutledge in this case, not some corporation or person in Seattle, Cupertino or Mumbai - and especially not to some officious geek like thee.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-12-2016 at 02:49 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #10
nrapopor
nrapopor began at the beginning.

Moving settings to another OS.

Here is a twist on this old thread. I just moved my Library from an old Windows 10 machine to the an Ubuntu 18.04 box.

Tarballed (yes tarballed using cygwin tools -- www.cygwin.com ) the configuration directory on the windows machine.

Copied to the new box -- installed Calibre for linux. Pointed it to the folder that I already copied my Library into during the initial wizard. shut down the calibre.

renamed the /home/<user>/.config/calibre to /home/<user>/.config/calibre.vanilla

untarred my old windows calibre folder in its place.

modified the global.py in the following ways:
my home folder is: /home/nrapopor change it to yours instead

database_path = '/home/nrapopor/library1.db'

library_path = u'/home/nrapopor/Calibre'

All my settings look good and all my plugins seem to work (so far) ...
nrapopor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:38 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
See post 8

Calibre has had Export / Import (on the Library icon) for a long time now. That takes care of the grunt work.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export, settings