Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
deschiff
deschiff began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook mini
pgdvd04210 Calibre Library

Hi all;
I am starting a new community service project. I am setting up a Calibre Library
containing the over 29,500 titles on the Project Gutenberg 04_2010 DVD.
As you can guess this will take some time but when I'm finally done I will
invite anyone who is interested to help me seed this project as a bit-torrent.

Happy reading!
deschiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This is not intended to be criticism, but I'm curious: What would the advantages of getting a Calibre library instead of the DVD be? Do you plan to convert to extra formats, edit the metadata or something like that?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
deschiff
deschiff began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook mini
The DVD is awkward to search. The files are all in Project Gutenberg book numbers. The titles are only found in the index or book headers. The directory structure while logical for the massive amount of books it stores, is not intuitive unless you look up the book # then drill down through the numbered directories to your book. Having this in a Calibre Data Base makes it soooooo much easier to search, sort, and manage.
All the files are in text or html, some with images. All files are public domain or creative commons so no research to do. Its the perfect playground for for the person like me who wants to learn to roll there own ebooks. If a book appeals to me, just do a quick check @ M.R. and if no one's done it yet just add to my TODO list. Also when I download one of M.R.'s lovingly hand crafted ebooks and add it to the Library it will go with the original PG text, this helps me to see how they were coded & formatted (css & htm tags ...etc.)
deschiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I see. Thanks.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote