Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
HATTER
HATTER began at the beginning.

Device: koboglo
Kobo glo shut down

Hi, I'm a newbie, just got my glo and loaded books no problem and began reading. When I shut down the glo the cover of the book remains on the screen. Is this normal?
Thanks
HATTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Yes. You can change this by going into settings. On my Kobo Touch, I touch the three bar icon in the top right hand corner. This brings up a box with settings icon in the bottom left hand corner. Touch this icon and a settings page appears. Touch Sleep and Power item (second from top) and the Sleep and Power page appears. The last item on that page deals with screensaver options. Your layout may differ as I am using a Touch with probably an older software version.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Silencio
Silencio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes, that's normal. It means the kobo is in sleep mode. If you don't want the cover of the book your are reading when the kobo is in sleep mode, you can change it in the settings.
Silencio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HATTER View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie, just got my glo and loaded books no problem and began reading. When I shut down the glo the cover of the book remains on the screen. Is this normal?
Thanks
That's normal. Remember an eInk screen is a static display so it takes no power to hold the last screen in place. If you go to Light, Sleep and Power under Settings, you can set the Screensaver => Show current book cover to off to get a generic screen instead of the book cover.

Personally, I still think the folks who designed the eInk display rode to work on broomsticks.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote