Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
Moon+ Reader Pro draining battery more since update?

Lately it seems like my tablet battery is draining a lot more quickly when I'm reading with Moon+ Reader Pro. I think this started after it updated to version 2.6. At first I thought it was because I was reading a PDF as it was the first time that I'd read a PDF on that app and it made sense because PDFs are larger files, but then it still seemed to be happening with the next two ebooks I was reading which were epubs. The battery seems to drain even when I'm reading with my tablet plugged in

I'm not sure if the app update is the problem or if it's just a coincidence. I suppose it's possible that my battery just suddenly isn't functioning as well, and it does seem like it's taking longer to charge up than it used to, though this might just be a problem with the cables as it seems to charge pretty darn fast when I use the charger from my mother's phone.

So anyway, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced additional battery drain since this app updated. Thanks.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The battery app in the settings will show you precisely how much power each app is using. What percentage of your total power is Moon+ using now, and how much was it using previously? You don't have to use expressions like "seems to be using more power" - you can see precisely how much power each app is using.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
Kythe42
Zealot
Kythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipseKythe42 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Android tablet
It would be nice if the battery app actually did show how much power the apps are using, but it doesn't and I'm not sure if it ever did as I never really looked at it much before recently.

All it shows now is:

Screen 55%
Wi-Fi 38%
Tablet idle 4%
Android OS 2%

I have noticed though that sometimes the percentages of the Screen and Wi-fi jump around though and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with how strong a signal I'm getting/how close I am to the router.
Kythe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
debgw300
debgw300 began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
problems with moon reader pro downloading epub books

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The battery app in the settings will show you precisely how much power each app is using. What percentage of your total power is Moon+ using now, and how much was it using previously? You don't have to use expressions like "seems to be using more power" - you can see precisely how much power each app is using.
I am new to this group and can find nowhere to post a new issue. Everytime I download an epub file my device show it has downloaded in record time but is nowhere to be found in moon reader. Help please!! Also if someone could tell me how to start a new thread I would appreciate it
debgw300 is offline   Reply With Quote