Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Wacky Page Turn Screen Behavior

I've had my Glo for about -oh, 4 months. About two months in, I noticed some wacky page turns... The "flash" picture on the screen would split down the middle vertically, half of it black and half of it white.

I don't know if this could be an ebook formatting issue, a once-in-a-while glitch, or...something for which I should replace my Kobo.

It doesn't happen routinely. It will happen if I do to many fast page turns, or reverse page turns in succession. It will happen sometimes between chapters, or between chapter division titles which appear separately from new text, which makes me wonder if there could be ebook formatting issues. I've experienced this on KEPUBS and sideloaded material.

Also...one time I was trying to read - and also to try to keep count of how many pages before the vertical flash thing would happen again (which of course made the reading less enjoyable )....and it happened at about 25 pageturns in; not associated with chapter divisions or headings.

Anyone else have this going on?

(I'm hoping I won't have to return the thing. It was an Indie store purchase; lost the receipt, of course. On the other hand, I can probably located the transaction number on my credit card bill).

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 03-31-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: to add words.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Normally one of those oddball fluke things. Seems more common on sideloaded content. Most apparent (i.e. happens most often) right after you open the book but obviously in your case it's more often than that. Doesn't seem to be hardware related (more likely a weird firmware glitch) as frequency seems to have changed over time..
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Thanks; I'm hoping that's all it is.

I turned at least 85 pages last night without incident.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote