Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
duckbill
Enthusiast
duckbill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Change font of header for LRF Output on PRS 505

The LRF Output options on converting ebooks in Calibre allows headers to be added such as "%t by %a" for adding TITLE by AUTHOR to appear as a header on a PRS 505.

This is being displayed in an awful serif font that is difficult to decipher at the given font size. Is it possible to change the font without flashing the reader?

---
Calibre is an excellent piece of software and we should all make a donation for the efforts put in by the developers.
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can embed fonts in the LRF. I'm not a 100% certain but I think the embedded fonts will be used for the header as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
duckbill
Enthusiast
duckbill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can embed fonts in the LRF. I'm not a 100% certain but I think the embedded fonts will be used for the header as well.
Nope, sorry. The header is displayed in standard serif font irrespective of the embedded font.
duckbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah well, in that case, I'm afraid you're out of luck, sorry.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote