Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #196
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolframk View Post
Where can I get older firmware versions? (older than 2.0.5)?
Hi Wolfram, 2.04 is still here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...75&postcount=1
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #197
danielaluz
danielaluz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Daniela, welcome to MobileRead!

It's not a bug, it's a feature and it even has a name - ghosting !
You can diminish it's effects by setting page refresh to every time in the configuration menu. But this will slow down the time the device takes to open a new page.
And you're right, ghosting can be very annoying. If it is too annoying try to exchange the device. But I have my doubts that the replacement reader will show a different behaviour.
Thanks Billi. Unfortunately, I sent the photos to Pocketbook and they confirmed that the device was defective so I will have to get it replaced
danielaluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #198
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I have been fooling around with adding fonts to the /system/fonts/ directory, uploading epubs that reference those fonts, and trying to use them with AdobeViewer, but haven't had any luck, so far. The viewer just acts like those fonts don't exist on the system. If this is the case, can AdobeViewer.app be fixed to look in the /mnt/ext1/system/fonts/ directory, as well?

This is on a 902 with North American firmware, in case that's important.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #199
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
would not open

I had a weird issue the other day. I downloaded a epub from Smashwords and I got an error that it would not open, that maybe it was protected etc etc.

It was adobeviewer that was throwing the error, when I opened it with FBreader it was fine.

Not sure why this would happen. I can point you to the ebook if you need.

I am not sure if anyone else has had this issue yet.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #200
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I had a weird issue the other day. I downloaded a epub from Smashwords and I got an error that it would not open, that maybe it was protected etc etc.

It was adobeviewer that was throwing the error, when I opened it with FBreader it was fine.

Amy
Not a new bug for me, happened with every unprotected epub in adobeviewer.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #201
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ah

Weird, it must have defaulted to Adobeviewer instead of FBreader.

I usually read epub books so its an odd one that I have not had it before... ahh well. Its good to know that it is a known issue.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #202
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post

Amy
I use AdobeViewer all the time to read non-DRM epubs on my PB360. It's not a known issue by me
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #203
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I use AdobeViewer all the time to read non-DRM epubs on my PB360. It's not a known issue by me
I do it on the 602 and yes, its not every epub that does it, i think i localized it to the path having these characters: # ' [ ]
Its just that most of the books i read have some of those in the title and the issue crops up (or so it seems) when opening non-drm epubs with adobeviewer.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #204
Edsger
Edsger began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Yesterday I received my new Pocketbook 903 and after using it for an evening I came across an annoying bug.

While reading a pdf and using a dictionairy the device stops working. In more detail this is what I found out. When selecting the dictionairy, the Dictionairy UI presents itself and a seemingly random word is selected. At this point the cursor blinks slowly (every 3s) and after some long waiting (30s) I still can get back. But if I now try to select a word by using the touch screen, the cursor stops blinking and the device stops responding to all input and I can't do anything except turning off the device.

I really would like some help with this, because this is the functionality I mainly bought this device for.
Edsger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #205
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsger View Post
Yesterday I received my new Pocketbook 903 and after using it for an evening I came across an annoying bug.

While reading a pdf and using a dictionairy the device stops working. In more detail this is what I found out. When selecting the dictionairy, the Dictionairy UI presents itself and a seemingly random word is selected. At this point the cursor blinks slowly (every 3s) and after some long waiting (30s) I still can get back. But if I now try to select a word by using the touch screen, the cursor stops blinking and the device stops responding to all input and I can't do anything except turning off the device.

I really would like some help with this, because this is the functionality I mainly bought this device for.
This is a already known bug with PDFs, and AFAIK Pb is working on that. There's an alpha version of new FW already on test here, and one user said, dictionary in AdobeViewer has improved, although he gets a hangup once in a while, maybe depending on format of the PDF file
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #206
Edsger
Edsger began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
This is a already known bug with PDFs, and AFAIK Pb is working on that. There's an alpha version of new FW already on test here, and one user said, dictionary in AdobeViewer has improved, although he gets a hangup once in a while, maybe depending on format of the PDF file
Thanks for the update. If you need any help in testing, let me know about it.
Edsger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #207
pbmaniac
Enthusiast
pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'pbmaniac knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PB Pro 903, F/W 2.1.3=>downgraded to 2.1.2-fastdrv because of WIFI-bug
bug report

device: Pocketbook 903 pro
firmware: 2.0.6

problem:
The Wifi-switch on the upper left edge of the reader doesn't seem to have any effect at all! Even if I set it to "off", I am still able to connect to any wifi-network in the midori-browser and surf the web. What is this switch good for then, anyways, if it doesn't disconnect the wifi-conenction or at least inhibits connecting the device to a wifi when the switch is set to "off"?
pbmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #208
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaniac View Post
bug report

device: Pocketbook 903 pro
firmware: 2.0.6

problem:
The Wifi-switch on the upper left edge of the reader doesn't seem to have any effect at all! Even if I set it to "off", I am still able to connect to any wifi-network in the midori-browser and surf the web. What is this switch good for then, anyways, if it doesn't disconnect the wifi-conenction or at least inhibits connecting the device to a wifi when the switch is set to "off"?
Probably, that switch is just for 3G connection. Wifi connection is turned on/off by commands on the software. For example, if your device is connected by a wifi signal, a little icon of wifi appears down on the right of the screen, near the time. If you point your pen there, an advice appears that ask you if you want to disconnect. You can switch off the wifi in this way.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #209
Cola123
Cola123 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
Bug Report

Sometimes unresponsive forward button on PB902:

sometimes the forward button is unresponsive and you have to click back and then forward again to be able to turn ahead pages. When this happens the LED light does come on when you press forward, even though the page doesnt turn.

This leads me to believe its not a physical fault with the key as the machine is registering the button press and the button works to turn pages 99% of the time. For this reason I suspect its a software bug.

I have not played or messed with keymapping.

The dpad works 100% of the time and you can use dpad to go forward a page or two and then resume using the side forward button.

Issue occurs only sporadically - i.e you can turn 50 pages and then it happens or sometimes you can turn 5 pages and it happens.

It does seem to happen more in epub books than other formats.

I have tested this in both 2.0.5 and 2.1.1 - issue occurs in both version of firmware

Last edited by Cola123; 06-28-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Cola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #210
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola123 View Post
Bug Report

Sometimes unresponsive forward button on PB902:

sometimes the forward button is unresponsive and you have to click back and then forward again to be able to turn ahead pages. When this happens the LED light does come on when you press forward, even though the page doesnt turn.

This leads me to believe its not a physical fault with the key as the machine is registering the button press and the button works to turn pages 99% of the time. For this reason I suspect its a software bug.

I have not played or messed with keymapping.

The dpad works 100% of the time and you can use dpad to go forward a page or two and then resume using the side forward button.

Issue occurs only sporadically - i.e you can turn 50 pages and then it happens or sometimes you can turn 5 pages and it happens.

It does seem to happen more in epub books than other formats.

I have tested this in both 2.0.5 and 2.1.1 - issue occurs in both version of firmware
I belive that after some time the device goes to sleep to preserve power. When you push the button the device wakes up and green LED flashes. That is why you need to push the button twice. First push wakes up the device, second one changes the page. Check it and tell me if I'm right.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote